thirty three | accomplice |

* Siddharth's POV*

As I took my seat inside the aeroplane, I dialled Harpreet's number from my contact list to inform him that I would be in London in eight hours.

Yes, I knew I for a moment considered choosing Karan's film project but I couldn't do it.

I couldn't leave my Pari and chase after success. Yes, I might have been successful but I wouldn't be happy without her, I would always be incomplete. She was everything that I needed and I knew with her I could achieve everything and I was no more scared of losing my fame or of Karan's allegation.

I walked out of the airport and the London air hit me. I liked this place, it was calm and peaceful not like the busy and polluted streets of Mumbai, but more because I knew my Pari was here and I was just a few kilometres away from the love of my life. I turned off the airplane mode on my phone and proceeded to book a cab on Uber. The cab arrived and I ordered him to take me to my hotel then looking outside the car window, I took in my surrounding, the streets of London and the people flocking here and there. The cab ride was short and I had arrived at the hotel in no time, checking myself into the room that I had booked earlier. Once inside I quickly called Harpreet and he told me the next part of our plan.

The next morning a cab dropped me in front of a dainty little café that Harpreet had asked me to meet him in the first thing in the morning. I walked inside the cafe and spotted Harpreet sitting at a table in the corner chatting away with another guy that I didn't seem to recognise.

He must have not been to the wedding.

I was a little surprised because I had not expected someone else to be there with us today. Harpreet looked at me waving and smiling invitingly which I returned. I took my place beside him feeling the eyes of the other person analysing me. The guy was probably the same age as mine, he was dressed in a three-piece suit and probably belonged to the Corporate world working in these high-rise buildings. He had curly light brown hair on his head and his blue eyes were sharp just like the other features of his face. I felt myself nervous under his glance but quickly regained my composure when Harpreet began.

"Siddharth, this is Harry White, Harry is an industrialist, but the most interesting thing about him is that his father and Daniel are business partners." Harpreet said smirking at me and then turning to look at Harry. Harry too had the same smirk and I felt myself sinking in my chair sensing a potential threat in my love life from the newcomer.

"Harry, his is Siddharth, as you already know." He said to the curly headed boy who nodded uninterested and I immediately knew that they had already discussed about me.

"Harry is helping Pari to finish a project at the moment, and I thought it will be a good idea to get him on board with us." Hearing Harpreet's words I tried to relax and shot a faint smile at Harry which he didn't return but instead looked at me with irritation.

"How do I know he is good enough." Harry asked looking at Harpreet with scepticism confirming my suspicion that he too is smitten with Pari.

"He is and we know that." Harpreet said with a confident look on his face and it calmed me.

Harpreet informed me that he had filled Harry with all the details and if I would like to ask him anything. "How long do you know Pari for?" I asked him slowly sipping on the coffee that I had ordered after entering the cafe.

"Any how does that concern you." Harry said eyeing my, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Because we are on the same team here." I replied this time determined not to let myself fumble under him.

"Five whole years." He replied with a smug look on his face.

"And why would you want to help me?" I asked sceptically.

"Because apparently Pari is in love with a scumbag like you." He said his lips pursed looking at me challenging while I glared at him.

Harpreet sensing the hostility quickly diluted the situation. "Time to discuss the plan." He said abruptly. "Harry and I have something planned, we just need your input." He said knowing it was enough to calm me down. Nervousness filled me as I nodded my head vigorously excited to hear what they had in mind.

.

I was currently looking at my wardrobe deciding what to wear, I had just taken a bath and gotten fresh. I took a quick look at my watch, I had more than forty-five minutes to arrive at my destination which I was quite excited about. I was applying gel to my hair when I heard my phone ringing, picking it up I heard Harry's voice on the other end panting heavily.

"I made a mistake and I am late to inform you." He said falling silent waiting for my reply.

"And what is that?" I asked annoyed, I had never really liked this guy because I swear, I felt like he was trying to ruin my plan but somewhere in my heart I knew he was genuinely trying to help.

"I told her to be there at eight instead of nine. I had forgotten." He said. "And I just informed her saying that I will reach around 9."

"You did what?" I said my jaw dropping registering what he had just said.

Quickly disconnecting the call and slipping on my clothes, I hurried to my car and took off. I couldn't believe Harry had actually messed up this bad. At the cafe, a few days back Harpreet and Harry had filled me up on their plan, Harry had planned to flirt with Pari so that she would be annoyed by his ways and realise that she was in love with me, but unfortunately that had not worked. We met up once again and decided that he would ask her on a date and at least that would do the work but surprisingly it didn't instead she had agreed to go one the date. Oh, how upset has I been. It was then that Harry stoop up to portray himself as a douche and proposed to stand up Pari so that I could go and steal the day sweeping her off her feet. But now everything seemed questionable, I wasn't even sure if she would be at the restaurant anymore, she might have left by now.

I pulled up at the restaurant and made my way in, I saw everyone turning to see something at the back, I made my way toward the crowd and that's when I saw her. She was frazzled by the people around her and people looking at her thinking she was stood up but even then, she looked just as beautiful and stunning. She was dressed in black pants and had paired it with a white suit that was similar to a crop top, exposing much of her milky white skin. Her hair was let loose in soft curls and as usual she had hardly any makeup on. She paired them up with some embellished black stilettoes. My breath hitched as I looked at her and she stopped on her tracks as soon as she had seen me shock and disbelieve washing over her eyes.

Without even thinking for a moment I ran up to her and embraced her in a hug.

.

This is the dress that Pari wears on her date with Harry

.

Hey guys, I am back. I hope you are liking the story this far. If you do then please let me know through your comments and if you don't then too let me know your thoughts, I am open to all kinds of criticism. Also, don't forget to vote and share this story. it would mean alot to me.