sixteen | feelings |

*Siddharth's POV*

It had been an hour since I had left the sangeet function and have come to my apartment. I couldn't stop thinking about what Pari had said, even though I hadn't been much nice either I couldn't have imagined that she would ask me to leave the function. I was hurt, pained and angered recently and I had no idea why, just lots of frustration and a rising tension between me and Pari. Which I was not being able to deal with.

I was currently sitting at the foot of the sofa, my head between my hand's thinking about the conversation which was constantly playing in my head when I heard my phone buzz, checking the screen I saw that I had received a text from Pari.

I am sorry, I didn't mean that.

I ignored the text, my head boiling with anger at how things had turned out, I was angry not only with Pari but also with myself because I knew even I was to be blamed, I couldn't act the way I want to and I was sure that even I had hurt Pari just as badly she did. I ran my fingered through my hair when my phone chimed once again, it was another text from Pari.

Come over tomorrow morning, we should talk it out.

Reading her text. my mind wandered to when all this began.

.

I was already late for my advertisement shoot, having got up late I changed into my clothes and quickly left my apartment. I was locking the door when I saw someone entering the elevator.

Who could it be? I thought to myself knowing very well that I was living alone on that floor of the building, but I was soon to find out. I couldn't afford to miss the elevator having already been late so I called out to whoever the person who was inside. "Hold it."

The elevator door opened to reveal woman, with a beautiful face. I could already feel myself staring at her, but not wanting to make the situation awkward for the other person nor wanting them to think that I am a creep, I instantly stopped looking at them, quickly dialling my friend Varun's number on the phone I entered muttering a thanking and attending the call which by now Varun had already received.

"You're welcome." The woman had said in a equally beautiful voice.

The entire ride I didn't dare talk to her or turn around to take a look at her, I didn't want her to catch me staring. I didn't know what got to me but I found myself getting nervous around her, fearing that I will end up embarrassing myself or make a bad first impression but that didn't stop me from stealing glances at her. She was shorter than me, chubby making her look adorable. She was dressed in a crop top and jeans and had let her hair fall messily on her shoulders.

What was she doing here?

I wanted to ask her the same but before I could the lift came to a halt and no soon had it stopped, she was gone before I could even get a chance to open my mouth,

Shit, I should have spoken to her.

That night I had come back from my shoot, entering the lift once again when I found myself still thinking about the little encounter with the woman in the morning asking myself constantly who it could be, but as soon as I exited, my questions were answered. I saw movers and packers flooding the apartment and I instantly knew that it was probably her and maybe her family who were moving in. Pushing the thoughts, I unstripped, going into the shower to relax after the tiring day that I have had when I heard my doorbell ring, stepping out of the shower I started drying myself off when I heard it ringing again, I hurriedly put on my clothes but when I had opened the door they had already left. It was again two hours later, when I was preparing dinner that I heard my doorbell rings once again. Turning off the gas immediately I hurried to the door questioning myself who could have come at that time of the night since I already knew none of my friends were coming. I opened the door only to reveal the same beautiful face that I had seen this morning, surprised that she was here, at my door step. Trying to play it cool I sounded as composed as I could "Yes, How can I help you?" I said, instantly mentally facepalming myself for sounding so lame.