twenty one | heartbreak |

It had been a few weeks since their trip to Shimla and Siddharth had gotten busy in his life, he was shooting for some commercials and had engaged in some project, which Pari had no idea about because had never really asked him about his work, only because didn't want to seem nosy. Pari too had been called in work by Karan Johar to start working on another project, a crime thriller that he was producing. Pari knew the name of the movie under which it was been produced thought she knew it might not make the final cut as Directors would often the name during official release, but right now it was being called Ittefaq which Pari really liked, but she had no idea about the cast. Thus, both their busy Scheduled kept Siddharth and Pari occupied in their own lives leaving them no time to catch up but still they would sometimes keep contact over the phone through calls and texts.

It was the day of the start of the shoot, Pari had been called to the set of the movie early, getting everything ready when was called in to meet one of the cast members, the lady protagonist as she had been told, Miss Sonakshi Sinha.

"Hello." Pari greeted her extending her arm

"Hello, nice to meet you." She said politely giving a firm shake.

They had soon started with the shooting of her solo shots, which she sis an amazing job with. She was phenomenal on the sets, she didn't need many takes and, performed flawless and she was very polite with the cast and the crew members. It was now turn for the male actor to come to the sets for shooting their scenes together, who was apparently already in his vanity van getting dressed for the part, waiting to be called upon. Pari was helping Miss Sonakshi with the rehearsal of one of her scenes when she heard Karan speak. "Ah Siddharth, come my boy. Ready for the scene?" He asked, followed by a voice Pari knew very well answering that he indeed was ready.

Pari spun around immediately and saw Siddharth smiling to Karan, decked up in the costume in all his glory affirming that he was in fact ready for the scene. Pari watched as he was observing the sets, taking in the detail when his eyes suddenly landed on her. She could immediately see the shock and surprise on his face and his eyes growing brighter as if almost sparkling, waving a little with his hand in her direction, making her so the same as he mouthed something that she couldn't comprehend but, what she could comprehend was that he was actually very happy to see her there.

It was an intense shooting session, with some solo shots of both of them and some combined shots. Siddharth and Sonakshi were in their best form, giving an amazing performance, as natural as possible. It was soon time for a break when Siddharth sneaked up behind Pari with his silly plan of scaring her.

"Hey beautiful, want to go out with me." Siddharth said modulating his voice so that Pari couldn't recognise him which worked because she turned around jumping on her feet, only to come face to face with Siddharth. Seeing Pari scared made Siddharth break out into a laughter only to earn a smack across his chest from Pari.

"Not funny Sid, I was scared, I thought that it was some stranger." Pari said folding her arms over her chest.

"You didn't tell me you are going to be here." Siddharth said pouting his lips like a kid who didn't get candy.

"You didn't tell me either." Pari said now smirking, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well yeah". Siddharth said, when he was then called on the sets, he excused himself turning to leave and halfway through he turned back, calling out to Pari before heading back to the sets. "Just so that you know, I am glad you are here." Pari blushed at his words glad that he wasn't there to see that. Steadying herself, she looked around seeing eyes on her, girls glaring at her.

Yes bitches, Siddharth knows me. Burn.

Soon it was time to pack up, people were already leaving the sets and Pari was busy in her work helping wrap up some last-minute work, she still had a lot to do but non a single of those tasks were finished yet. Pari knew it was going to be a long day at work and she couldn't wait to hit home.

"Want me to take you home?" Siddharth asked walking up to Pari.

"No, I have a lot of work left, it's going to be long." Pari said looking around, seeing the other people who were still at work.

"So what?" He asked perplexed, "I will just wait for you. I'll rehearse my scenes in my vanity."

"But." Pari tried to retort but before she could even complete her sentence Siddharth had waved at her turning around, making his way to his vanity. Pari sighed in defeat, then smiling at herself at how sweet Siddharth was being to her, her heart fluttering for him once again. That day they had gotten back home together, singing loud to the radio, which became their routine as they carpooled to and fro from the sets together.

.

Karan Johar had been called for an emergency meeting in the United States for the procurement of a script for a television series, and all the cast and the crew members were given leave till then as the shooting has been paused for an indefinite period until he was back. It was the fifth day of the leave, and Pari was bored, having already completed all her pending work, catching up with Siddharth, cleaning her apartment when she thought she could finally try her hand at cooking something and since she loved baking, so she decided to try baking a rainbow cake, having seen it everyday for the last month on the trending page of her Instagram account.

Pari arranged everything that she need to bake on the kitchen counter, starting, following the recipe perfectly to the line, and after 5 hours of baking, straightening the layers, stacking them up and frosting, the cake was nearly perfect. She had covered the cake with black frosting, just like on the many Instagram post so that when one cut into it, it would reveal the colours of the rainbow without giving away the surprise before one would cut into it.

She placed the cake in a large plate and walked over to Siddharth's apartment, kicking the door using my legs mimicking the rhythm of a knock because my hands were full. She waited for some time for Siddharth to open the door and when he didn't, she kicked again. She heard shuffling, knowing someone was approaching the door. He opened the door and before he could say something Pari walked past him, without waiting for him to invite her in, or soy something, she didn't even look around before going directly to the kitchen counter to place the heavy cake.

"Sid, I have something for you, you are going be proud." Pari said turning around to face Siddharth who was now looking somewhere else. Following his gaze Siddharth looked around excitedly hoping it was one of their friends, only to come face to face with Jacqueline, sitting on his couch. Pari mentally cursed herself for having barged in without waiting for Siddharth to invite her. She looked again at Jacqueline who was now looking at her and a faint "Oh!" escaped her lips. Wanting to justify herself she quickly explained. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have dropped in uninvited." She said looking around nervously and then quickly added. "I am going to leave."

Pari turned around on my heals, quickly walking towards the door, when she felt a strong hand grab her by her waist. Siddharth turned her around to face him, his faces inches apart, taking her adorable face in unable to bear her already glassy eyes.

"Stay." Siddharth said his breath fanning against Pari's skin.

"No, I should be going." Pari protested.

"No, you should stay." Siddharth said pulling Pari closer by her waist, the negligible gap between them now non existant.

"Who am I to come between you to?" Pari asked, turning her head to look at Jacqueline and then back to Siddharth, jerking her hand, freeing it from Siddharth's grip who flinched at her outburst, turning again to leave his apartment, walking out before he could say anything.

By the time Pari entered her apartment, tears were already flowing from her eyes straining her cheeks with mascara. She was upset but she had no idea why seeing Jacqueline with Siddharth had bothered her but she knew whatever it was she had to work it out and stop letting it get to her anymore.

.

Hey guys, I know this chapter was really boring but I am hoping I can get back on tract soon and start writing better chapters, but till then please bear with me.