thirteen | reverie |

I was called in urgently at work so I was unable to make it to Siddharth's in the morning. I texted him updating him about my situation.

"Hey, I am work will be done by noon. Can I drop in then?"

"Sure. Drop by at one." came the reply within a minute.

Pari had woken up in the morning planning to get it done with Siddharth as soon as possible but unfortunately, she had been immediately called to work due to some recent development and there was no way she could have skipped work. She was unable to make it, so she had dropped in a text informing that to Siddharth.

Pari was nearly wrapping up with her work, her mind wandering to the task that she still had to completed once she was back home. She decided to quickly text him and ask when it would be okay for him for her to drop by.

Done with work. When shall I drop by?

One will be fine.

Pari had returned home with several minutes to spare, so she decided to take a shower and then get ready to meet Siddharth. She slipped into a light washed denim skirt and a graphic top with frilled sleeves, that she had loved from the moment she had seen it displayed on one of the stores in London. She let my hair hang lose and put on a pink lipstick. She wore a pair of high heels since she didn't want to feel intimidated standing under Siddharth's towering figure. She waited at his door, her thoughts going back to the events of last night as she cursed myself for going to him in the first place.

Siddharth opened the door looking dishevelled, having tossed and turned in his bed all night long unable to sleep which Pari didn't fail to notice. He had bags under his eyes that Pari hadn't seen before and he looked like something was hurting him. He threw the door wider for Pari to enter closing it behind her as she swiftly strides over to the sofa, they had sat on their first night together at the dinner. She takes a seat And Siddharth gulps taking in the beauty in front of him

"So, any news?" Pari asked assuming that he had already spoken to the person.

"I hadn't gotten the time." He confessed. "But I'll do it right away." He said fishing out his phone. Dialling the number of the owner and putting his phone on the speaker he laid it on the table before them. Pari waited impatiently praying that the man would receive the call which he did after a few rings. The man had a heavy voice which only made Pari imagine what he might look like in person.

"Hello Siddharth, how can I help you today?" The man spoke as he chuckled making Pari realise they knew each other well. "Everything alight?" The man enquired.

"Yes, Chopra uncle everything is fine." Siddharth answered. "I needed a help." He said looking at Pari and then back to his phone before continuing. "I need to rent 4 apartments in my building for a month. Will that be possible?"

"Anything for you my son." The man said lovingly, making Pari sigh in relief as the man continued. "I shall bring all the documents tomorrow and we will seal the deal."

Having wished each other goodbye, Siddharth disconnected the call, turning to Look at Pari who was grinning ear to ear. Siddharth was mesmerised by her smile, returning her a contended look along with his smirk.

"You didn't tell him it's for me." Pari said furrowing her eyebrows. "He's going to think it's you and pull up a contract in your name."

"So what?" Siddharth said looking at her perplexed.

"Why shall you be at liability for something that I need?" Pari asked clearly displeased.

"Because we are friends." Siddharth said watching Pari intently whose demeanour changing suddenly which confused Siddharth even more.