fifteen | wedding festivities |

It was already time for the mehndi ceremony to start. Soni had flooded Pari's phone with texts asking her where she was but Pari had fallen asleep from being tired working all day long. She woke up with still an hour to go quickly texting back her sister telling her she is going to be there on time.

Stop stressing, I'll be at the venue on time. :3

She then dressed up in a blue lehenga with yellow floral print on both the upper and the bottom half of the dress pairing it up with a long blue translucent jacket with embroidery on the sleeves. She paired them up with a hefty piece of silver necklace. She styles her hair into soft curls and set them with hairspray.

All these hairspray and heat, my hair is surely going to be ruined.

Pari was at the venue on time. Aparshakti and Ayushmann were the only coming tonight since Alia, Aditya and Varun were busy with their shoots that evening. Pari had no information on Siddharth because she hadn't texted him confirming anything. Pari went to Soni, who was getting her palms decorated with mehndi, when she spotted Siddharth making his way to Ayushmann, she wanted to go and talk to him immediately but Soni had stopped her asking her to get her hands painted as well. But she excused herself never the less and took a seat on the empty chair beside Siddharth who was now sitting at a table alone.

"Hey" Pari said scooting her chair a little closer to Siddharth.

"Hi." He said looking intently at Pari, eyeing her from head to toe. "You look gorgeous, you can give the bride a run of her money." He said chuckling making Pari blush hard.

"Where is Jacqueline?" Pari asked finally looking at him but he appeared to be sad.

"She had work." He said in a low voice, almost annoyed.

"Siddharth!" Ayushmann called waving at him from a little distance. He shot Pari an apologetic look, getting up from his place to join them at the bar.

Pari too getting up from the chair, went back to the stage taking her place beside Soni Di, getting her hands painted with mehndi from the ladies that had come. Every now at then she would steal glances at Siddharth only to see him stealing glances at her as well and whenever he would get caught, he would immediately turn his gaze and rarely he would flash her a smile which she would reciprocate. By the time my Mehndi ceremony was done most of the guest had left and so had Siddharth, Aparshakti and Ayushmann. The girls stayed back waiting for the mehndi to dry and start peeling off and when they did, we couldn't get happier because it was dark enough for each of our liking almost as if dark chocolate in colour. Pari then headed back to her apartment, making her way in when Siddharth stopped her. He had opened the door at the right moment making Pari wonder if he was waiting for her but dismissed the thought immediately.

"Show me your Mehndi." Siddharth asked stepping closer to me making my heart jump, his breath was hot against the skin of my forehead.

Why did he have to be so tall?

Pari placed her opened palm together and pushed them towards Siddharth who immediately took them in his hands, feeling the touch of her skin, observing the intricate designs on her palm.

"The colour's so deep, someone loves you a lot it seems." He said and then winked at me, turning around to go back into his apartment leaving her standing alone in the hallway with her thoughts to haunt her. Pari wondered for a moment if he had meant himself or if there was anybody else that he knew about but quickly debated that neither of those were the case.

.

The next morning a pooja was to be held before the sangeet function, Pari got up early in the morning, helping the family to make some preparations for the puja, then leaving to freshen up and get ready. On her way she quickly texted Siddharth.