seventeen | more feelings |

It was one of those days when I was at home having no shoot or promotions to go to neither did I have meetings or project discussions, I was chilling on my couch watch a movie on Disney plus when I received a call from my girlfriend Jacqueline, she was sobbing on the phone constantly apologising for having behaved badly with me a few weeks back, and we both had been in our egos to have contacted each other, thus having been distanced with each other, but I gad no been at fault.

At least she has realised her mistake, better late than never.

"I love you so much baby, I can't even imagine my life without you." She had said still sobbing. "Please let's solve everything and get back together."

"I love you too." I said, which rolled off naturally. Having been so used to saying it to her.

"Let's meet for dinner tomorrow night." She proposed which I immediately agreed to

Hanging up the phone I had been relieved that everything had worked out between the two of us because I was really in love with her, and perhaps being distant from her is what made me feel like I was falling for Pari, I debated trying to pacify both my mind and heart. I wanted to do something special for my date with Jacqueline the next night, so I texted Pari, the only person I wanted to asking for her help which she immediately agreed to and I promised to pick her up in the evening.

I was waiting in my car downstairs for her to come when suddenly my car started shaking, I was dumbfounded until I discovered Pari had played a prank on me, I had pretended to be angry on her but in reality, she made me happy. Being with her I felt like I could be myself, I didn't have to pretend to be something that I was not, like I had to with everybody in the industries except Varun of course but with her I could be myself unapologetically.

 I pulled up in front of the best boutique in the city but to my bad luck it had closed so, having nothing else to do I offered to take Pari to the beach knowing she might not have been there yet which. Once on the beach we stuffed ourselves with junk food on her suggestion of course and then sat in the silence bonding over our lives in our respective cities. The next day we had headed to store again since she had offered to help me out again, but I don't know why I was unwilling to tell Pari that I had come there to get a gift for Jacqueline but after much persuasion from her end I finally did.

Curious little girl.

She had seemed disappointed when she heard about my girlfriend and I felt like I could see a little hurt in her eyes but that had vanished. As quickly as it came, instantly going back to helping me pick out a beautiful pink saree for Jacqueline. I was paying for the saree when she has asked me to wait for her to try on something that she liked, she came out wearing a red saree with heavy design work, looking the most gorgeous I had ever seen someone. I could feel my breath hitch my eyes on her beautiful reflection in the mirror a lump forming in my throat, looking like she could conquer the world and anybody's heart.

By after that day everything had changed, Pari had begun to ignore me and I had no idea why. I had tried to talk a number of times but to no avail, it would always come to an end after a few greetings and eventually I had stopped trying too until one day when I had come to know from Varun that she had been appointed as an assistant direction in the new film project that he was shooting for. Instantly I had called up Karan Sir asking him the permission to be present on the set and help him in any way possible to which he had happily agreed. So, I started dropping around the sets more and more but that didn't change anything between us either except only when were in groups when she would address me just like everyone else probably not to rise any suspicion. I swear I could feel my heart breaking into a thousand pieces because all I wanted was to be friends with her again, to be talking to her again. After having no success, I started pushing her out of my mind, I started spending more and more time with Jacqueline and I couldn't complain because I loved her. Also, Jacqueline who had met Pari through our mutual friends didn't seem to like Pari either so I started avoiding her too not wanting to complicate my relationship which I had worked so hard on, But what I was unaware of was how close she had come to Ayushmann's younger brother Aparshakti.