twenty two | movie marathon |

Pari was pacing up and down her apartment rethinking whatever had happened in Siddharth's apartment a few moments back. When Siddharth had told her that he and Jacqueline had broken up she had not expected to see her there, since it had already been so long since their breakup. Pari's hair was flooded with question that she didn't seem to be able to stop from asking herself.

Why would he lie to me, that they broke up?

Why is seeing her there bothering me so much?

Why do I care about all this, he can do whatever the hell he wants right?

Pari tried to pushed these questions aside but found it very difficult to do so, since every time she thought that she had finally gotten rid of them they seemed to make their way back to her head. Finally, she decided that she needed to distract herself, so she headed to the kitchen, deciding to clean the mess that she had made while baking the cake, that now laid in Siddharth's counter.

She was almost done with cleaning the kitchen when she heard her doorbell ring, and she instantly knew the one person that it could be, Siddharth. Contemplating if she should or shouldn't open the door but then decided to go with the former because she wanted him to think everything was fine, that she was unaffected by his actions or his personal life as a matter of fact. Pari opened the door to reveal as distressed looking Siddharth, standing against the door frame, his head in his hand, while the other carried the cake that Pari had baked. He seemed to have noticed Pari opening the door because he immediately looked up giving Pari a very sad look.

"Hey." Pari said looking back at him giving

"Hi, I brought the cake, that you left in there." He said motioning to his apartment, that was now locked.

"You didn't have to bring it back; it was for you. I tried baking since it was an off day and wanted to share some with you." Pari said opening the door wider, gesturing Siddharth to get inside.

"Well we can share over here then." Siddharth said walking past Pari to the dining table and carefully placing the cake down while Pari looked at him perplexed at how well he had just like her pretended that nothing had happened after the little incident.

"Can I sit down?" Siddharth asked pointing to the sofa catching Pari off guard who stammered before finally replying. "Oh, sure." Saying she faintly smiled at him while Siddharth took a seat on the sofa. Pari then ran to the kitchen to get a knife and two plates, and spoons for themselves, returning from which she cut themselves a slice of the cake, first for him, and then for herself. Handing Siddharth his plate, she takes her, taking a seat next to Siddharth, still upset over having seen Jacqueline at his apartment but her face showing no signs of emotion. They ate in silence, neither saying anything, just the occasional moaning of Siddharth from tasting the cake until he finally spoke up.

"This cake is so good." He said placing his plate on the glass table in front of them having eaten his entire slice.

"Thank you, I am glad you like it" Pari said getting up from her place, collecting both their plates, and walking over to the kitchen with Siddharth in tow.

Pari was in the kitchen, Siddharth having followed her was leaning against the granite counter watching her as she washed the plates, trying to find the perfect opportunity to speak up whatever he was there to speak about, but had already realised that he might never find the perfect timing. Siddharth decided that he had to speak up before he losses his chance and having gather enough courage finally spoke up quite abruptly. "It's not what you think it is."

Pari looked at him confused half knowing what he was talking about but planned to pretend she had no idea what he was talking about. "What is not as I think it is?"