Fake Love | Chapter 1

A/N: I wrote this fanfic a while back.. And since then my writing has changed dramatically. I really like the story line to this fanfic but my writing, grammar etc isn't that great in this. I was going to re-write and edit chapters but I doubt I'll ever get around to doing it.. So yeah wanted to make that disclaimer. I'd still love for you guys to read it though! x

I pulled my hoodie over my head, walking along the cold dark streets of Sydney. I was the storm in summer, the fire in ice, the broken hearted. I found myself next to the busy road. Cars were speeding down one by one. I felt my body fill with adrenaline. I grinned widely to myself, running onto the road. My heart was pounding my chest rising with every pant.

Cars were dogging around me, causing people to scream at me. "Get off the fucking road, freak!"

The sounds of cars swiftly turning and break petals filled my ears. Car horns, blurring into my ears.

"Hit me!" I said quietly, through tears. "Hit me!" i repeated, now louder. The sadness had taken over. Like Shakespeare once said, to be or not to be.. That was the question? And I needed this, I had to get out of this hell. I couldn't bare the pain anymore. My mind was blaring with crazy thoughts, whilst it taunted me with everything that has and will go wrong. Nothing seemed to matter, all the pain and sacrifice will be over soon.

"HIT ME! I FEEL NUMB ALL THE FUCKING TIME! I NEED TO FEEL ANYTHING, ANYTHING BUT SADNESS"

Don't do this Maddie, don't do this. A soft voice in the back of my head, whispered. I had to, I needed to. Everyone leaves, everyone. I can't suffer living anymore..

"ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU ALL FUCKING HAPPY? I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE! IT'S SAD HOW PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DIE THEN LIVE IN THIS SOCIEY"

"Hit me! I'm not afraid, i'm not scared anymore. I'M NOT AFARID" I repeated through my sobs.

Cars were speeding down the road, before slamming on their breaks causing people to beep their horns like mad. "Fucking psycho!" some man shouted through his car window.

"Carving your arms up every night. It's beautiful isn't it? I love how the blood trickles down your wrist.. And thats the only time when I know i'm actually alive!"

I soon realised a small amount of people were forming on the side of the road. Begging for me to "Calm down", "everything will be ok", "get off the road!", "stop!".

"So hit me! Please, I don't want to live like this anymore! FUCKING KILL ME"

I'm sorry Jasper.. I really am. Allison I'll be with you soon, I miss you. Mum, dad I'm sorry but you'll have your daughter back... Luke, Luke, Luke.. I love you.

I shut my eyes, the smell of brunt tires was all I could breathe in. "I'm not afraid.." I whimpered. I could see the orangey glowing light behind my eyelids caused by the headlights as the car came closer. My eyes were locked shut, fully accepting of what was about to happen. The collision was excruciatingly painful. But the agony was worth it, I'll finally be alone. I'll finally be six feet under, where no one taunts me.. I heard footsteps, cries and screams of people around me, but it faded quickly.

Then everything went dark.

----

8 MONTHS EARLIER:

I was awoken to my phone alarm buzzing like crazy. It read 'get up lazy lil shit.' I pressed snooze and buried my head into the cushion. "I hate you" I screamed at the object.

"Maddie, stop yelling at your alarm" Jasper's voice echoed from up stairs.

"Sorry" I replied. No response. I pulled myself off the lumpy sofa, my feet hitting the wodden floor boards, sending chills up my legs. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom.

I looked over at the clock, which read 9.30am. Shit I was gonna be late! I quickly got changed into my work clothes and threw my hair into a messy bun. I instantly applied, foundation, eye liner, mascara and a touch of lip balm.

"Ok bye Jasp, I gotta go!" I yelled sprinting down the stairs. I slid into my car and drove fifteen minutes down the road to the local cafe.

I pushed open the door, a small jingle of the door bell rang.

"Sorry I'm late, I'm really sorry" I stressed, running my finger tips through my hair.

My boss walked out, with a smile on her face "Calm down, Maddie, you're 5 minutes late...I told you, you don't need to come on time everyday...you work enough as it is" The elderly lady spoke softly.

"Thanks Carol." I simply smiled, with a sigh of relief.

I tied my apron around my waist and stood near the counter, waiting for the customers. Seconds later, a tall boy with golden blonde hair pushed up into a quiff walked in. He was extremely attractive. He had a little nose, piercing blue eyes and a lip ring on his plump lips. He was tapping at his bright phone screen, not concentrating on anything around him.

Lukes pov:

I walked into the coffee shop, scrolling down my phone. I looked up over to the counter. A young girl with tangled brown hair tied in a messy bun stood there tapping her fingers on the counter. She looked tired, her bright green eyes were slightly shut. I walked over to the counter, making her eyes snap open.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She asked with a forced smile.

"Coffee" I mumbled continuing to look down at my phone. I looked up, giving her an annoyed expression to hurry up. She rolled her eyes in response and began to make my coffee.

"That will be $3.50 please" She said, her voice flat and no emotion leaked into it.

I passed her the coins and she handed me the coffee, looking at me with a glare.

"What?!" I snapped.

"Do you know what common courtesy is?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow.

"Maddie!" her manager growled.

She smirked at me "Have nice day" she said smugly.

Maddie's pov:

"What have I told you about being rude to customers?" Carol snapped.

"I'm sorry but some people need to get their head out of their ass" I replied.

Carol chuckled lightly, shaking her head. "Oh Maddie."

-----

My shift had finally come to an end. I walked along the street, rubbing my shoulders in an effort to keep as warm as possible. I soon made it to my car and drove to my apartment building.

I pushed hard on my stubborn front door and stumbled inside. "Jasper you home?" I called to my brother.

"I'm up stairs, need anything?" he asked.

"Nah just checking if you were home" I reassured him.

Ashton's pov:

"Luke!" I called for the millionth time.

"What! What do you want?" Luke growled.

I rolled my eyes at the typical boy. I'm not quite sure what happened to him but he's not the Luke I grew up knowing and I missed his old self. Now he's just some stubborn jack ass.

"You do realise you have to ask someone to be your fake girlfriend sooner or later, becaus-" I began before Luke cut me off.

"Ashton I know, I'm not stupid! Just stop rambling." Luke scoffed.

"What happened to you mate?" I mumbled with a deep sigh.

"It's called growing up, you should try it." Luke replied bitterly.

First chapter of fake love!

Hope you guys are excited for this story, please tell me what you think so far :)

Make sure to vote, follow, comment and all that lovely stuff

Love you xx