5

[05

[05. INJURED ANKLE]

Just like his brother, Mako lied down. "Goodnight" he whispered.

You pressed your back against the cold wall and sat down on the ground.
"goodnight" you replied and closed your eyes, trying to fall asleep.

Unfortunately,
your attempt didn't work as you were starting to shiver from the cold. Well, that's just amazing, you thought.

You crossed your arms and brought your knees to your chest. You didn't know how, but Mako noticed. You guessed he wasn't asleep either.

"what's the matter? are you cold?" he whispered, not wanting to wake Bolin up.

"no, I'm fine" you lied and gave him thumbs up. He wasn't convinced though.

"I can see you are shivering. Lucky for you, I'm a firebender" he bragged and came close to you.

"what are you-" you tried to ask but he cut you off.

"us, firebenders, are warm" Mako whispered and wrapped his arms around you. No lie, his body temperature was definitely higher than
yours. He rubbed your back and you closed your eyes, sighing.

"better?"

"yeah, better. thanks" you answered, tiredness taking over you. At some point, you fell asleep hearing his heartbeat.

-

"hey, Y/n" someone whispered to you several times, waking you up. You rubbed your eyes and yawned, before you realized you were still in Mako's arms.

"hi" you mumbled and Mako and you stoop up. "did you sleep well?" Mako asked and smiled.

"yes, you were very comfortable" you said and chuckled. Bolin on the other hand, didn't.

"... my back hurts" Bolin complained as he stretched.

"I bet everyone's freaking out that we've been gone all night" Mako stated, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm worried about Kai. He is just a little kid, out there on his own! He is probably really scared" Bolin said, concerned.

"Don't worry Bolin, Kai is fine. He is probably having fun right now" you said and annoyed. "Now, let's go"

The three of you walked for a couple of minutes until Bolin's stomach growled.

"I'm getting hungry" he said,placing his hand on his belly.
To be fair, you were hungry too. Last time you ate was yesterday morning.

"Aah! Maybe we might have to hustle up a little breakfast with the old fruit stand scam!" Bolin added and pointed at a fruit stand, across you. He grabbed both Mako's and your hand and dragged you closer to the stand.

"Come on Mako, you remember how it goes! I push you on to the stand, you scream, I pretend to faint" Bolin said fastly and poked Mako with his elbow.

"I don't want any part of this. Besides, look at this fruit. It's disgusting. We don't want to steal this" Mako said and extended his arm to point at the fruit.

"Bolin, your brother is right. Th-

"Hey! Are you trying to steal my fruit?!" A guy suddenly appeared behind the stand, making you jump.

"No! I just said, I don't want any of this rotten fruit" Mako defended.

"Oh, you are too good for my fruit? This is the best fruit on the block!" The man bragged and leaned over to the stand.

"So.. you want us to steal it?" you asked and lifted your eyebrow.

"Try it little girl! Go ahead!" He said, trying to sound tough and kissed his muscular arms. You just scoffed.

"I'm confused. Are we stealing the fruit or not?" Bolin asked and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I knew it! Thieves!" The guy yelled and attacked you. You all tried to run but he managed to grab all of you and pinn you to the ground, falling on top of you.

You yelped in pain the moment your ankle got sprained. This can't be good, you thought.

"guys I think I-" you tried saying but a whimper escaped your lips as you tried to move my leg.

"Y/n? What happened? Are you hurt?" Mako asked and turned to look at you, while you were still pinned to the ground by this guy.

"Dude, get off of us!" Mako yelled right after, shoving the guy off.

Mako got up and kneeled next to you. "What happened?"

"I think I twisted my ankle" you groaned and huffed. His eyes softened and he nodded. "Alright. Let's-"

"What's going on here?" A middle aged man walked close to you, holding a basket full of fruit.

"Dad, these fruit thieves are insulting our fruit!"

"Bolin? Mako?" The man seemed to recognize your friends.

"How do you know our names? I mean, I'm famous, so I get that but how do you know his name?" Bolin asked and looked at his older brother.

"You look just like San! Tu, you'll never believe who these guys are! They're your cousins, my brother's San kids!" The man gasped and smiled. Bolin and Mako glanced at each other with wide eyes.