14

[ 14

[ 14. THE SISTERS' FIGHT]

You sat on the edge of your bed, waiting for Asami to finish fixing her hair in the bathroom.

"Hurry up, I'm starving!" You shouted and sighed when she finally came out.

"Okay okay! Let's go" She laughed and you headed to the dining  room to eat breakfast with the others.

-

"Has anyone seen Chief Beifong?" Mako asked, curious of why she hadn't show up to eat.

"she is probably still fuming in her room" Korra huffed. Last night, Lin got angry with Opal.

"I know she has a problem with me, but she had no right to yell to Opal that way last night" Su said, glancing at her daughter.

"ready for your power disc game tonight?" Su asked, when two of her sons walked in and sat down to eat.

"yeah! all set to kick Wei's butt" Wing said excited and playfully pinched his brother. "hey, you should come play with us!" Wei spoke, looking at Korra.

"I don't think it be much of competition since I can't metal bend" Korra said and chuckled.

"really? lin never offered fo train you?" Su asked surprised.

"nope. and I guess I never thought to bring it up because i was learning to airbend, then it was the pro bending, then fighting equalists. it was a busy few months" Korra sighed.

"well its probably for the best. I'm sure Lin would be a horrible teacher. As the Avatar, you should master all the elements, I'd be happy to show u the basics!"  Suyin offered and smiled.

"really?! that would be great!" The avatar happily replied.

"you should try it too!" Opal told Bolin, who by the way almost choked with his food.

"ah no, um I'm more of an earth guy, dirt, rocks, -maybe some light gravel- that's where my heart is" Bolin stated.

"okay earth guy, well let me know if you change your mind" Su said and nodded.

Suddenly, all of your plates, forks and knives and everything else that was made out of metal, started shaking and went up to the air at high speed.

Mako grabbed you and you quickly got under the table like everyone else. "What just happened?!" you asked, taking a shaky breath.

"I have no idea. Are you okay?" he asked, before you stood back up slowly.

"yeah, I'm fine." you said and nodded. Varrick was there, in a magnetic suit, having all the metal objects stick on to him.

"it worked! Zhu Li, write this down! Magnetic suit test a resounding success! Now turn it off! Onward to phase two! Zhu Li clean this mess" Varrick screamed in excitement, after his assistant tuned it off and all the objects fell off his suit and landed on the ground.

-

Asami and you were walking around, talking and joking about stuff when you heard a loud noise.

"What was that-

Bam! The trembling sound of rocks and the clinging sound of metal startled you.

"We should go and see what's up" Asami mumbled and you nodded. You ran to where the yelling came from.

Suyin and Lin started fighting and yelling at each other!
Bolin and Korra were standing there and a few meters away, all of Suyin's children watched their mother in confusion. Mako was the last to come, looking like he just woke up from a nap.

"what's going on?!" You asked Korra in panick. "they are.. having a fight" the avatar replied, not knowing how to act.

"We can see that!" Mako joined the conversation, holding back a yawn.

"Should I stop them?!" Korra asked Bolin, tensing up.

"You don't have any siblings, fighting is all part of the healing process" Bolin said calmly and smiled.

"yeah, actually that's true" You said and shrugged. Wing clapped his hands together and encouraged his mom by shouting, "Go Mom!"

Lin raised one of Huan's sculptures and threw it at her sister, but Suyin managed to catch it and throw it straight into the wall, damaging it. A lot.

"My sculpture!!" Huan gasped and ran close to it. "Actually... it kinda looks better now"

The two Beifongs kept fighting and throwing rocks at each other, plus metal bending any object  they found in their way.

Suddenly, Opal decided to stop this. She jumbed in between them and blew air at them, backing them off.

"What are you two doing?! You are sisters! Why would you want to hurt each other?!" Opal shouted, while both Lin and Suyin tried to catch their breath, with sweat dripping over their foreheads.

That exact moment, Lin started to get dizzy and she fainted, but before she fell on the ground Korra caught her.

"Is she okay?!" Asami gasped, running to see what happened. "We have to get her to lie down" Suyin said.

-

Mako, Bolin, Korra and you were standing outside Lin's guest room where she was still sleeping. She is been there for the last 16 hours and to be honest, you were all worried.

"Uhh who's going to knock?" Korra asked, glancing each one of us. Then, she pushed Bolin in front of the door aggressively, forcing him to knock.

"No, no, no! Not me! You're the Avatar, why can't you do it?!" Bolin asked taking a few steps backwards.

"Um.. I can.. but.. I just thought that.. " Korra mumbled shyly.

"I'll do it!" Mako shouted and rolled his eyes, getting annoyed by them.

"Uhh Chief? You've been sleeping for sixteen hours..  We just want to make sure you're okay" Mako said, after he knocked on the door twice. The door suddenly opened wide, making Mako stumble at the ground.

You started laughing hysterically and quickly helped him back up.

"Ouch" he huffed and narrowed his eyes at you. "I- I'm sorry! It was funny!" You said and shrugged. Lin yawned and walked out of the room, in a completely different outfit.

"Good morning!", she happily exclaimed smiling, then walked away. You all watched her in shock. Why was she acting so... nice, all of a sudden?