11

[11

[11. THE OTHER BEIFONG]

When you entered the building, you faced few metalbenders, moving around in sync. *watch the GIF, I can't describe it very well*

"Training?" Korra asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Not exactly. They are rehearsing for a dance premiere, next month." Aiwei explained.

"That's it for today everyone!" A woman, with grey hair said and clapped happily. Then, she walked over to you.

"Allow me to introduce the matriarch of the Metal Clan. Suyin."

"Please call me Su" she said and smiled brightly. "Great to finally meet you avatar Korra!"

"And this must be Mako, Bolin Asami and Y/n" Su added. She knew all of you.

"You've done your research" Mako stated and smiled. "Yes, how did you know?" you asked, taking a step closer to her.

"I make it my business to know who's visiting my city" Su said and chuckled.

"So, you're a dancer?" Korra inquired, mentioning of what she did before.

"Dancer, leader, wife, mother, collector of rare meteorites.. You'll find people here have many skills and interests!" Su laughed.

Aiwei whispered something to Su and her expression changed suddenly.

"Korra! Why did you lie when Aiwei asked if there was anyone else was with you?"

"W-what? I didn't! I mean.. How did you know I was lying?" Korra mumbled, frowning. Bolin put his hands over his mouth.

"I am a truth seer. When people lie, their heart-

"Their heartrate and breathing increase, yeah" you muttered and sighed, already knowing about this. Everyone from the group turned their surprised faces at you.

"Exactly, Y/n. Well, I can sense the must subtle of changes." Aiwei said, kind of annoyed that you cut him off.

"Thanks to Aiwei, there are no secrets in our city" Su said.

"We came with Republic City's chief of police. She didn't want anyone to know she was here. I'm sorry I didn't tell you" Korra apologized.

"Lin is here?! Well- I would love to say hello!" Su happily stated.

"Wait - You two know each other?" you asked, waiting for some kind of explanation.

"You're joking right? Oh... Lin never told you about me" Su sighed sadly.

"No? Why would she?" Korra asked confused.

"I'm her sister" Su said calmly and your jaw dropped.  You just met Toph's other daughter! This day was getting better and better!

"Let's go back to the airship, you can see Lin"

-

"I found out why you were so against coming here! Why didn't you ever tell us you had a sister?!" Korra asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Half-sister" Lin corrected her, rolling her eyes. "Same mom, different dads! So what? We are blood, Lin. And after thirty years, the least you could do is say hello" Suyin stated.

"I have nothing to say to you" Lin huffed and turned her gaze the other way.

"You two haven't spoken to each other for thirty years? How come?" Korra inquired, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ask her. I've tried" Suyin said and sighed.

"Oh don't put that on me! You're the one who tore a family apart!" Lin defended herself.

"And you've done a bang up job keeping it that way" Su said, slightly smirking.

"You haven't changed one bit, have you?"

"Look, we can sit here arguing about the past all day, but that is not the reason the Avatar came here" Su told her sister. Then, she turned to Korra, "my daughter is thrilled to meet you"

"Lin! Your niece is the new airbender! Isn't that amazing?!"

"Yeah, terrific" Lin said sarcastically.

-

Suyin, happily offered to give you a tour around the place. You were all pretty excited - well, everyone except Lin.

"Those are my two youngest, Wei and Wing. They're playing a game called power disc, they invented it all on their own!" Su spoke proudly, as you were watching the two brothers play in a very big field.

The two boys were throwing around a metallic disc, trying to shoot it in the goal. It was impressive, actually.

"Oh nice power, Wei!" Su shouted at one of her sons, who managed to win the game. Then, Wei yelled at his brother, "Ha! Wing goes down!".

"I am so proud of those two" Su commented, smiling. Everyone followed her from behind.

She took you to a huge yard, filled with many statues out of metal. Mako and you shared a confused look. Bolin and Asami seemed curious too, while Lin was standing few meters behind, unamused.

"Huan, I'd like you to meet the Avatar and her friends and your aunt Lin" Su said, to the metalbender in front of you. He seemed sceptical, looking at his.. metal statue. You couldn't really tell what it was.

"Hmm", was the boy's answer. He didn't even bother to turn around and face you.

"Huan.. uhm.. Nice to meet you!" you greeted him but his attitude didn't change.

"Hey" he mumbled, still glancing at his creation.

"Wow, that is a really nice.. uh- banana?" Bolin complimented, tying to figure out what he was creating.

"It is not a banana! It is inspired by Harmonic Convergence! It represents the dawning of a new age. Obviously." Huan explained, sighing loudly and finally turning around to face you.

"Oh! Yeah, no- I- I can totally see that. Let me- Let me stand right here, wait yes! Yes, I can see that now" Bolin stattered and smiled awkwardly.