1

Straying off far beyond the city's borders, Jungkook finds himself able to breath again. The castle walls had seemed to be closing in on him and now that he's left them far behind he finally feels like breathing again. The suffocating life in his royal bedroom for just a little while, not the only thing happening in his life. For just a couple of hours he's free— besides occasionally having the duck for a mermaid approaching.

God knows how long he's been swimming around, greeting the fish and other ocean life with a bright smile as he passes them. Carefully passing the riff's he finds himself brushing his hands through the sand, concluding that this must be what happiness feels like.

But just being outside the castle walls isn't enough, no, he wants to do something, be someone. He wants to be a normal mermaid for once and do things he's always dreamed of doing. So, with a spark of hope in his eyes he keeps swimming, knowing that if he does he'll swim right into the ocean's wide range of adventures. Because one thing for sure, if you swim long enough there will always be an adventure lurking for you somewhere.

Maybe he'll even visit Oceania, that city is beautiful and he loves how close to the surface it is, seeing it's the main trading city with the surface mythical's and humans. Yes, they have tourists in Atlantis too, but in Oceania you can very easily go to the surface, it was there that he met the dragon queen.

Everyone wants to live in Oceania, meanwhile Atlantis is the ocean's capital but mainly in a political standard. It isn't like there aren't any tourists, there's enough to be considered annoying but he never really saw any of them thanks to the fact he isn't allowed to go out. But when he was in Oceania a few years back, on royal visitation his parents allowed him to go out for two hours, guarded of course. He had immediately raced around the city, even being as bold as to swim up to the surface to make friends with the dragon queen, who he hadn't even knows was the dragon queen. She was a kind lady and definitely not to be messed with, he liked her. After that, he and played hide and seek with the city's children and even gotten a look at the beach. Though his parents forbade him to go up to the land, taking a look wouldn't hurt anyone. And when he did, he suddenly understood why all those year's ago princess Ariel had wanted to come up here too, to walk the lands and discover what the world had to offer outside of the ocean.

He himself had legs too, if he'd go on the land he'd be able to walk. Though, he's never used them and wouldn't know how to walk, he still wished to do it someday.

But while falling in love with the world outside the castle walls he was forced to go back and stay stuck inside, dreaming about a life outside of his room. A life in which he could truly be someone, in which he could always do whatever he wants, be whoever he wants.

Lost in his thoughts he just swims on, fantasising about visiting the surface and using his legs to explore the world even further. He would love to meet the fairy's that he heard so many tails about. He'd never seen one since the poor creatures can't handle the water press—

Suddenly he halts, staring off into the distance where he sees an to him unknown creature speeding off between narrow pathways between the rocks. Curious, he swims after it, watching it skilfully manoeuvre past the sharp edged stone. He had never seen any creature like that in the books, let alone in real life.

Carefully he zigzag's his way through the rocks, a cave a little further down hidden beneath the rocks is where the creature must have gone, based on the soft sounds he's hearing.

Eyes landing on the strange creature.

He doesn't move closer but instead plucks the starfish decorating his chest off of it and softly allows it to float towards the entrance of the cave.

With that he swims off, knowing he should make it back before morning.