21

"You keep wondering kid, let's go. City is close now." Yoongi says before offering his hand to the younger. "Grab my hand, don't let go, if you do I will hurt you. You do exactly as I say, you do not speak, do not point at anything and certainly do not get on my nerves."

Jungkook smiles, intertwining his fingers with Yoongi's, his heart warming at the feeling. He hadn't thought he would be holding hands with the cecaelia at any time in his life.

So he silently follows behind, eyes widening when he sees the city show up. The buildings taller than he could've imagined, more people than he could've dreamed off and all sorts of species.

He stares at the sky, eyes wide as he takes in all that he had only dreamed off. Things out here looked so different than in the books.

This is what his life is meant to be, free from any duties, free from title.

He feels a tug on his arm and looks up at Yoongi who has a strangely fond look on his face. "I looked like that too the first time I came here."

"I-I thought oceania was big." Jungkook mumbles while the ocaelia tugs him along, down the streets.

He obeys his orders, remains silent, doesn't do anything but follow Yoongi and never let's go of the elder's hand. He wouldn't dare let go with this many people around.

The ocean was easy, he'd always find his way home, as if the waves guided him. But this, this city is beautiful and intimidating. He could get lost here in the blink of an eye only to belong to its streets forever.

He admires the way human's and mythical's communicate so easily, it's beautiful to see a world like this. Yes, of course it has it's flaws, everything has flaws but to him, this is the dream.

"We're going to the market, keep holding my hand." Yoongi says.

Walking onto a loud, big area his eye balls nearly pop out of his head. All sorts of food he only ever saw a pictures off, or sometimes just read the name.

His mouth starts to water. He wants to buy, everything, only to realise he didn't bring any money.

"Hey kid."

He looks at a man selling something that looks like long bars of some sort of brown stuff.

"First time in the city huh, can see it in the look on your face." The human says before grabbing a piece of the to him unfamiliar food. "Try this, it'll blow your mind."

Jungkook looks at Yoongi, the elder nods his head.

He takes the bar from the man, Namjoon never mentioned anything like this. He sniffs it, it smells sweet, like something he's never smelled before.

Opening his mouth he takes a soft bite, his eyes widening as he looks at Yoongi with a smile. "Oh, it's so delicious!"

Turning to the human he smiles brightly. "Thank you sir! It's so good!"

"I know kid, chocolate is always good for you new comers." The man says.

Mean while something inside Yoongi melts, maybe it's the absolute innocence the mermaid boy displays, or his bright curious eyes, maybe it's the adorable smile or maybe it's the fact that he loves seeing the kid smile in general.

He suddenly finds himself wanting to give the boy the world.

Which he can't, but this market is a good start.