16

"Of course you can stay with me." Namjoon reassures when they enter his apartment.

"Y-you always stayed at the castle, I didn't know he had a home."

"Of course I do, and a nice one at that. Castle's pay check got me set for life." The larger says with a grin on his face.

"A-aren't you going to carry my bags?"

Namjoon laughs. "Of course my prince." Without hesitation he carries the bag only for Jungkook to frown. "I'm no longer a prince right?"

"Do you wanna carry your own bags?" The larger asks only for Jungkook to shake his head quickly.

"C-can I go out?"

"What's up with the stutter prince?" Namjoon asks.

"Just nervous."

"Yes you can go out but I'd rather have you wait for me to join you, everything is new right now."

"I'll wait." The now non-royal says, he's a little nervous to how people will react to him casually swimming past the buildings.

Namjoon is quick to put his things away. "I need you to understand Jungkook that not everybody will tend to your needs like I will. That's why I rather have you go out with me, to teach you the ways of normal mermaids. But we can go out whenever or wherever you want."

Jungkook smiles and nods before hugging the elder close. "Thank you Joonie, for everything!"

"No problem prince. Now where do you want to go?"

"Yoongi!"

Jungkook had never visited the cave during the day, so to see it in such bright light had him a little surprised.

"Yoongi?" He calls out, entering the cave to see the ocaelia sleeping in the back.

"Prince, he's asleep. Let's leave him alone." Namjoon says but Jungkook ignores him and goes to silently lie next to octopus. Shutting his eyes to nap along.

Namjoon groans before roughly pulling on a tentacle causing Yoongi to shriek and hit Namjoon with tremendous force. The mermaid being thrown out of the cave.

"Jesus fucking christ." The cecaelia growls. "Why the fuck are you here and why did you bring him?!"

"I-I'm no longer a prince!"

"I know, everyone knows." The elder mutters only to wrap his tentacles around the boy. "You woke me up for that?"

"Y-yes?"

"I hate myself, I hate you so much that I hate myself." Yoongi grumbles lying down to go back to sleep.

"Can you let me go? I want to sleep too."

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because you annoy me endlessly." The elder mutters, his eyes hooded as he watches Namjoon re-enter the cave.

"You got that pearl now don't you, just give the boy what he wants." The merman grumbles, a long bruise forming over his chest where Yoongi had it him.

"No."

Jungkook softly bites down on a tentacle making the octopus tighten his grip. "Don't get weird kid."

"Let me go or I'll bite hard." The ex-prince says with a determined look on his face. "Try me kid, you're no prince I'll bring you to the land where you don't instantly heal and beat you the fuck up."

Jungkook pouts.

"Please refrain from using such language around my prince." The larger mermaid says only for Yoongi to chuckle humourlessly.

"Fuck you."