15

"THE SURFACE WORLD?!" Namjoon yells. "WITH AN CECAELIA AND THOSE PEOPLE?! I SHOULD WHOOP YOUR ASS!"

Jungkook flinches at the yelling. "B-but—"

"Don't speak, oh my god don't even speak."

So he sits in silence, watching Namjoon swim through the room. He's unsure why the man's so mad, he was just having fun with friends.

"You don't know the entire story, please, listen to me when I say you shouldn't be doing this." The larger sighs, softly cupping the boys face. "It's going to get you in trouble."

"I like hanging out with them." Jungkook blows a few bubbles. "I want to be friends with them and hang out."

"You don't understand the history mer-people have with cecaelia's." Namjoon sighs, before sitting down. "You don't understand that if your parents knew you were seeing one they'd have you killed."

"W-what? Why?"

"I'll explain everything Jungkook, I promise but you need to step down as prince, please. Believe me when I say all I want is to keep you safe. Step down."

He can feel his heart beating in his chest. Why, does he need to step down? Why will his parents kill him? Why does he feel like he's missing more than half of the story?

But this is Namjoon, his mother had taken care of him as child until she passed away. Then Namjoon took over and both Kim's had always kept him safe, no matter the consequences.

"O-okay, I'll step down."

With his hands shaking he steps up to the microphone, breath unsteady. Eyes searching for Namjoon who smiles and makes two encouraging fists.

His eyes slide to his parents and brother who seems strangely happy with his decision.

He takes a deep breath before moving closer to the microphone.

"People off—" he's shocked by how loud his voices echoes through the city. He watches Namjoon who points at his face, pretending to put on a mask.

One thing he learned from Namjoon, is whenever being a prince gets too hard. Become someone else, someone who is a prince.

So there he goes, becoming prince Jungkook.

"People of Atlanta and the ocean, I, Jeon Jungkook prince of the seven sea's have decided to renounce my title of prince." He smiles at the crowd who look shocked. "But that does not mean I will turn my back to the people who need me." No one needs him, he knows it but Namjoon must've written it down for a reason.

"I will spend my days as Jungkook, just like any of you but whenever you need help. Don't be afraid to approach me and ask for help, as friend, neighbour and stranger." The crowd murmurs softly.

"So here by I ask for your support and your blessing as I go to live a life like any of yours. I hope you understand my decision, I'd like to mention that my stepping down has nothing to do with my..." he pauses, staring at the words for a split second. "Beloved, family and I ask you to keep supporting them as your King, Queen and Prince."

He raises his hands to his crown. "Here by I thank the people of the ocean, for supporting me throughout the years and I say goodbye to my life within the castle, I hope I can do better as civilian then as prince."

Taking the crown of his head, he turns to his parents, kneeling down to offer them the crown that once was his.

It's taken from his hands.

His brother raises to his fists.

"Hail prince Jungkook, may his life be blessed."

Jungkook's blood run's cold when the crowd repeats his brother's words.

"Hail prince Jungkook, may his life be blessed."