23

"Oh Joonie please! I don't wanna go back yet." Jungkook pouts, clinging to Jin who's busy writing all sorts of things down. "I'm having so much fun!"

"Yes but—"

"Yes, stay." Jin says before pulling a hair from the mermaids scalp and putting it in a tube that seems to have appeared from thin air.

"Please don't collect DNA." Namjoon sighs while Jungkook rubs his head.

"I need him here." The wizard mumbles before looking at Yoongi. "Go home Yoongi will watch him."

"What?" Yoongi asks.

"See he loves that idea, goodbye Namjoon." Jin mutters before forcing the younger mermaids mouth open and running a cotton swab over the inside of his cheek.

Jungkook just let's it happen, assuming this is what wizards do.

"You're a creep Jin, we're leaving."

Jin grits his teeth. "Fine! Fine! But I'm coming with you!" The wizard mutters.

"No, I don't want to draw attention to us." Namjoon says only for the wizard to grumble something about the mermaid being an idiot.

"Let's go prince."

But the young mermaid just clings to the wizard even harder and shakes his head. "No! I like it here way better!"

"He likes it here way better." Jin repeats.

Namjoon sighs. "Fine! But then I'm staying too."

"Be my guest, do you want a fish thank or a bed?"

"Give the kid a tank, he won't be able to sleep in human form." Namjoon says only for the wizard to walk off to somewhere with the DNA he collected from the smaller mermaid.

"Thank you Joonie!"

When Jungkook wakes up he's staring right into the eyes of the wizard.

"M-morning?"

"Good morning! I've counted your scales!" The man says as if he's expecting to get a reward for such a thing.

"I have done that too." The merman says, coming up from under the water. Being helped out of the tank he looks at one ahead where Yoongi is sleeping in.

"Mr wizard? D-do you know what happened to Yoongi? S-someone hurt him right?"

The elder sighs. "Don't ask me to tell his story, he'll tell you if he wants to. If not then you accept that, yeah?"

The younger nods wondering where Namjoon went but too preoccupied by Jin softly poking his belly and writing things down.

Peeking inside the book he frowns. "What language is that?"

"Its Jin."

"Jin?"

"Jin."

"But you're Jin."

"Yes and this is my language, I can't have other wizards stealing my research, or worse other mystics, or worst, humans."

The mermaid just nods, peering in the book and giggling. "Y-you think my six-pack is sexy?"

The wizard freezes dead in his tracks before slamming the book shut. "You can read my self made language?!" He yells before collecting himself a little.

"Also it's just an observation not my personal opinion! Please don't tell Taehyung, he'll be mad at me for even longer."

"I don't know a Taehyung."

"If you ever meet him, don't tell him." Jin mumbles before writing down some never before made language.

"What does this say."

"It's just letters." The boy mutters before looking at another line on the page. "That says you need to ask Namjoon to ask a sample of my spe—"

"Hush!" The wizard says. "He might hear!"

"But he isn't here."

Jin nods. "Still, when it comes to you the man can be scary."

Jungkook sits still while Jin shows him books in every language he knows. Jungkook effortlessly reading everyone of them correctly.

"Now I want to know if you can read the fairy's language. No one can read it, no one who's not a fairy that is."

Jungkook just shrugs. He's never even seen a fairy.

"When we face Taehyung, remember, don't tell him about the six-pack thing."