18

"What are you doing?" Yoongi asks, when he comes downstairs from his nap to see Jin has now blindfolded the mermaid boy and has him hanging up side down from the ceiling.

"Research." 

"Of course." He mutters, running a hand through his hair before stretching his body. "Where's Namjoon?"

Jin writes something down, probably notes on Jungkook's status. The wizard has an odd way of doing things but he usually doesn't really harm anyone.

"Going to fuck Jimin."

Shaking his head he sighs. "Those two are the most toxic people."

"I'm researching, not gossiping." Jin says before getting the young mermaid down and taking off the blindfold.

"Yoongi!" Jungkook says happily only for the elder to sigh. "Hey kid."

He really doesn't need the kid constantly trying to be his best friend. He has friends, ones that don't come to his cave to awaken him or bother him. Though, the boy did get him a dragon pearl.

"Jinnie is really funny." The boy mutters only for the wizard to aggressively start writing again.

"He's odd." The half-ocotpus mutters before glancing at the clock. "I'll be going to visit the city."

"We're coming." The wizard says before handing the mermaid some clothes. Yoongi just sighs knowing he can't say no. Jin always gets what he wants.

"The city? As in a human city?" The youngest asks with wide eyes, struggling to get his shirt on. Only for Jin to start making notes again.

"Jin this isn't going to end well. The kid is dumb."

The wizard just grumbles something before frowning and writing even more.

"I'm not dumb." Jungkook mutters before getting up from the floor and smiling. "I wanna go to the human city!"

"I need my research bag." Jin says before taking off leaving the two sea-creatures on their own.

"Mr— Yoongi? Did I upset you?"

"No."

"Good!"

The cecaelia regrets his entire existence when the mermaid boy envelopes him in hug, unable to escape. His tentacles are strong, but as human he's weak and at the mercy of the dumb boy.

"Don't touch me."

"We should've put a leash on him." Yoongi groans watching the boy bounce around in the woods. Eyes wide as he talks to every creature who seem to be curious about the boy as well.

"I want to tests its powers." Jin finally says, still writing as they walk.

"'It' has a magic blockade." The cecaelia mutters while picking a strawberry from a nearby bush and popping it in his mouth.

"Yes, I'll see if I can do something about that, but Namjoon's going to bitch."

Jin halt for a second. "Remind me to ask that fish why there's not a blockade on the healing and all that."

"They hate being called fish."

"Yoongi shut up or I'll make you my lunch."

With that they start walking again. Jin seems to be thinking hard and Yoongi is just bored. They've walked a good thirty minutes when both of them freeze dead in their tracks at the silence, only the sounds of nature heard.

"Did we loose the kid?"