2

Later that week Jungkook finds himself back at the cave, curious to meet the creature but also a little shy. Besides the fact he never made a friend he also couldn't find anything in the general knowledge or sea-life books about a mythical creature like this. As if it wasn't supposed to exist.

Today he didn't wear a starfish on his chest, so during his journey he had picked up a beautiful shell that the sharks had helped pick out. It was quite a rare one, left by his previous inhabitant and now free for anyone to take.

Staring down at the cave the creature doesn't seem to be there today, or maybe he just can't see him. Does he dare to get closer? Of course he does. Slowly, he swims over the rocks before hiding just a while over, listening to any tell tale signs of someone being home.

Maybe the creature went out to gather some pretty shells, or maybe this is his vacation home and he only is here on the weekends.

Swimming even closer, he places the shell at the entrance of the cave before returning to his little hiding spot between the rocks, wishing the creature was there. Maybe he'd wanna be friends, after all everyone in the city doesn't really talk to him, they know he's a prince, maybe no heir to the throne but still least royalty. They're too nervous or anxious to be his friend, which is saddening, or maybe it's just him, maybe he unlikable, or weird.

He truly wishes he had a friend, one that isn't the dragon queen. She's pretty much unreachable from where he lives. God how he wishes he was brave enough to just go and travel to Oceania. He could send out a message to the dragon Queen, but he doesn't want to bother her. She had told him she's usually extremely busy.

So now he's here, spying on a creature that isn't even home, he really must be crazy, that's why he's always the outcast. He sighs.

Looking up he stares at the space between him and the surface. What if he went there? But if his parents were to find out he'd get the scolding of a life time, if they found out he left the castle at all they'd probably punish him severely for it.

Or maybe they don't care.

He doesn't know anymore, the last time he spoke directly to his mother was over two month's ago at the City of Waves to greet her when she and his brother came in late.

The one that would end up scolding him up would be Kim Namjoon, placed to be by his side at all time and keep him safe and within the castle walls. Guess the man has failed his one and only job.

Namjoon is nice but he can't be considered a friend, he works under orders and can be really mean when Jungkook disobeys him. One time he went out without permission, he didn't even get past the gates but immediately got locked up in his room for three days. He knows that isn't Namjoon's fault, he just enforces the punishment his parents decide one but it still sucks.

The scales nearly jump off his tail when something swims past his little hiding spot, heart missing a beat or two as he backs up against the rock with everything but stealth. He sits frozen, unsure whether he was seen or not only to feel his stomach drop when a voice speaks up.

"Who's there?!"