13

Jungkook is stressed. He promised the dragon pearl to Yoongi today, to bring to wherever on the surface he'd go but Namjoon is waiting in his room to go to sleep.

He had tried fake sleeping but it hadn't worked. He couldn't break the promise, especially after his new friends had taken the time to teach him to walk on his human legs. Biting his lip he looks at Namjoon through hooded eyes, unsure of when the man would go away. What does he do?

"Joonie, can you get me something to sleep?"

"No."

He frowns. "Why not?"

"You can sleep, you just don't want to." The elder mumbles, not even looking up from his book.

"B-but—"

"I said no."

He huffs before getting out of bed and grabbing Namjoon's book before opening the window and chucking it outside.

"If I have to be bored than you have to be bored too!"

"Jungkook! You can't do that!"

"I just did, didn't I?!"

The elder just looks annoyed before swimming after his book. Jungkook immediately grabs his clamp and races off. Faintly hearing Namjoon's voice in the background calling for him but he's too far gone.

His tail is tired when he arrives at Yoongi's cave, seeing the man ready to go.

"Thought you weren't showing up."

"I-I'm here." He pants, out of breath from swimming so fast.

"Eager huh." The cecaelia says, before turning around. "Let's go."

It doesn't take too long to arrive at the beach again. Jimin already awaiting them with clothes.

Clumsily Jungkook puts them on watching the two shorter laugh. "They're a bit small for you."

He looks down and shrugs. He has no idea how clothes work.

"Let's go mermaid boy." Jimin says blowing a smoke ring at the boy who blinks and tries to grab it.

"G-go where?"

"To go make use of that pearl, what else?" Yoongi snaps before stomping off into the aligning woods, Jungkook quickly trying to follow only to stumble.

"For fuck sake." Jimin says watching the boy face plant, too close to a branch. He carefully grabs the boy under his armpits and raises him.

"You're adorable." He mutters.

The road through the woods has both Jimin and Yoongi regret being born. Every few seconds Jungkook stops to look at something, screeching excitedly. Most things he's seen in books but never in real life.

"Jimin I'm going to kill him." Yoongi sighs as the walk up to Jin's home. A large home in the middle of the woods, Jin owns this part of the woods and the beach. Filthy rich, most wizards are.

"Don't, we don't want the ocean at war again."

"Oh Mr Dragon, there's seaweed in your hair, they call if leaf, right?" Jungkook says making the dragon chuckle. "Yeah."

Reaching up he brushes the leaf away.

"Now let me warn you, Jin can be a little intense."

And as if on que the door of the house is swung open, a man storming out and right past the two smaller man only to grab the mermaid.

"You brought me one!" The man —who Jungkook assumes is Jin— says. Eagerly looking the boy up and down.

The cecaelia sighs.

"Meet Jin."