chapter 9

"We need to talk."

Time looked up at the man towering over her, wondering why they needed to talk. Why he had called to her. Why she was still standing in front of him.

She felt a hush settle over the world, and everything stood still, waiting in anticipation for their next words.

Was Time's time up? Had Death finally come to take her? Was everything ending in this moment? The thoughts swirled around in Time's mind.

Only asking questions, and never providing answers.

"A-about what?" The words trembled against her lips. She wanted to sound strong, but having Hoseok staring down at her as if she had committed some great injustice against him made her feel nervous. Shy. Scared.

He raises an eyebrow, arching up towards his hair line as he stares at her in disbelief.

Her fingers start twisting together, as nervous energy pulses throughout her body.

He watches her actions, not really caring that she is feeling nervous. Instead, he is growing more and more annoyed with her.

"You... why..?" he isn't sure exactly what questions he wants to ask her.

What questions would make her think about her actions.

What questions would make her realise that her actions affect not only her and the people whose time she messes with, but also Life and Death.

Life and Death who are constantly pulled in different directions, constantly adapting to the changes of Time. The changes of fates.

His hands fall to his sides, clenching into fists in frustration.

Frustration at her. Frustration at the situation. Frustration at his existence.

"Why do you keep messing with me?" The words come pouring forth from his lips. The start of a torrent of words.

"Why do you keep changing when people die? Have you ever thought that it affects not only that person but Life and myself as well? Have you ever thought beyond your own existence?!"

With every word his voice gets louder, raspier, scarier. He seems to get larger, towering over her more and more.