chapter 16

Time sat unblinkingly. Staring unseeing at the horror of death before her.

The pain in her chest was debilitating, holding her captive. Stealing the air from her lungs, and thoughts from her mind.

Every moment she tried to change. Every life she tried to save. Perished. Gone in the blink of an eye. Snuffed from existence.

Even those who made it out, didn't go unscathed. They were left to fend for themselves in a world they no longer knew.

A world that was cruel.

Time was trapped. Trapped in the nightmare of her past decisions. Trapped by the mistakes of her past.

She had tried so hard to not make the same mistakes over again. But again and again, she failed. Every time she though she had bested humanity, Fate had stepped in. Reset everything Time had changed.

For better or worse, humanity had free will. Humanity had their fate.

So Time had stopped looking back. Stopped trying to change the big things, and focus on the small.

She still failed. If she hadn't, Hoseok wouldnt have come searching for her.

Her name would have been forgotten for an eternity. No one searching for her. No one seeking her out.

What if time didn't exist. What if she had no name, and everything just... happened.

There was no more today, tomorrow, next week, year or century.

Would that have changed everything? Anything? Or would everything still just happen the same, but without the possibility of changes?

~~~~~~~
A/N
It's short. I know. But... it's short for a reason. Hopefully.