chapter 19

Death blinks quickly, forcing the emotion Fate had evoked from his eyes.

He looks up, expecting Fate to still be standing there, instead he's looking once more at the scene that had trapped both Death and Time.

Death let's loose a sigh before his eyes fall to the figure kneeling by him once more.

The anger he had held within himself, the hatred he had towards her slowly draining away as he takes in her shattered soul.

Deaths eyes latch onto Times as they start to flutter, the movement so startling after the frozen figure that had been in front of him for the longest time.

A low cry breaks the silence, before Times body moves. Drawing breath into her lungs, hands falling to her lap, eyes slowly rising to meet his.

The deep pools of Times eyes show him the depth of her age, the weariness weighing down on her soul calling to Deaths to help.

Death slowly reaches a hand out to cup Times cheek, thumb rubbing tenderly against the skin there. Eyes meeting and locking onto each other.

Slowly Time raises up on her knees, drawing Death closer to her.

"Hoseok." She whispers.

A shiver runs down Death's spine as the word  passes Times lips.

Deaths eyes shut momentarily as Times fingers trace the planes of his face, her fingers coming to rest against his jaw.

Slowly drawing him in, their breaths beginning to intermingle as their foreheads meet.

A weight Death didn't know he was carrying is lifted from his shoulders in that moment. A burden he didn't understand gone.

The breath in his lungs easier to draw in.

His soul lightening at the connection.

Death opens his eyes, meeting Times and finding love deep within them.

A love that isn't complete.

Deaths heart aches for the piece that is still missing. Yearning to find them and feel full once again.