chapter 15

Hoseok sat beside Time. Watching as she fell apart. Watching as she was confronted with the past she tried to ignore.

He could tell that her pain was immense. That she regretted every action she had made. Every decision.

But...

It wasn't her fault. None of this was her fault. Fate had stepped in. Fate had changed everything.

Time had tried to change it, but Fate had decided this was how things had to be, and sometimes... sometimes fate is greater than time.

Sometimes the decisions, the choices, the options are taken out of everyones hands. Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. To save one soul. To save one hundred souls. To save one million.

Sometimes.... there's just a greater power at play, and there is, no escape.

Hoseok reached his hand out, fingers running across the skin of her hand. He curls his fingers around hers and pulls her hands from her face.

He watches as the tears roll down her cheeks. He knows that he can't just absolve her of all her actions. Yes, fate played a part in this, but so did she.

"This wasn't your fault. Not this moment." He whispers the words to her, but she doesn't react. She is too far gone into the gulf of her grief.

Her eyes remain locked on the scene in front of her. Hearing nothing but the cries of their pain.

His hands slide their way up her arms until the rest on her shoulders. He blocks her view of everything. Standing in front of her, but her eyes are unseeing.

"Shit."