Battle

Raya stood up and went to her bag, pulling out her battle armor. She got dressed. Then strapped Nyx's weapon to her thigh once more. When she came out of the bathroom, Nyx looked up, and she took his breath away.

"Starlight, you do look like a Galahad warrior. You're just missing one thing." She watched him walk over his desk and pull a ribbon-like his out and tie it to her armor. "Brings protection. That and all Galahad warriors wear their clan colors into battle. You may starlight are part of my clan now and forever. By the way, I love the fact that my blade is on your thigh."

When the two walked into the briefing room, everyone stopped and looked at them. "Holy shit, that's a scary sight to see," Crowe says. Both Nyx and Raya had the same fierce look on there faces. Their uniforms both matched even down to there ribbon and hoods. Raya had his kukri on her thigh, the sword he had made for her on her back. Nyx had the same as her.

They took their spots when Libertus leaned over to her. "Looks like Nyx is turning you into a true Galahad warrior little one." Raya smiled and nods. "The honor is truly mine." Nyx heard her and smiled. "alright, everyone listen up. We will be going to the eastern gate. Let's show them niffs not to mess with the kingsglaives. Raya, you are being put into Nyx's unit. FOR HEARTH AND HOME."

They had been fighting for three days already and were resting up a bit. Libertus tapped Crowe and showed her the photo he took. "Damn, that's something to see." It was a photo of Nyx and Raya standing back to back weapons ready.

It was the fourth day, and Nyx's unit was on the front lines because they were the best at what they did. Raya saw Nyx drop to a knee as a daemon was coming at him. She warped over, killing the daemon and helping him up."Come on, hero, no dieing yet." She was helping him forward to LIbertus when she saw Crowe in trouble. "Lib take him. I gotta go get Crowe."

Nyx saw how tired she looked. "Starlight don't" But she had already warped up to where Crowe was and flipped over the daemon and niffs blasting them with fire as she landed next to Crowe. "Girl, your as reckless as Nyx at the time," Crowe says. "But thanks for coming for me."

As the two were running back, Raya felt the wall start to crumble. She pushed Crowe forward as Raya went with the wall. "RAYA," Crowe yelled out her name. Nyx and Libertus finally got to where Crowe was standing when they saw the blue light of her warping up and dig her sword into the tower above them.

Nyx looked at her as a blast hit the tower. She flipped away, landing behind them. "Well, we gonna stand here forever." The three look at her. "You, my starlight, are gonna kill me before we even merry." She laughed and kissed him.

They almost made it back when a substantial Three-headed dog showed up. Without thinking Raya kissed Nyx, "Be right back." Then warped away from him to get the dog to follow her. "She's using to much magic." Nyx says. "yeah, but she's giving us a chance to get away. Nyx trust her." Crowe pulls him away.

Raya sees they got to safety when the dog bites her leg

Raya sees they got to safety when the dog bites her leg. " You gotta be kidding me." She tosses an ice ball at the dog, making it release her. She threw her kukri, going with it. Raya stood up and took off running to safety.

Raya walked into the camp as Drautos walked over to her. "You left your unit behind. You can't do whatever you want to, Raya." She looked at him. "yes, sir." She bowed then walked away. She sees her friends and waves. "Drautos tear into you?" Crowe asks, hugging her. "Yeah, but what's new? He is always yelling at me over something or another."

Nyx stood up and pulled her to him. "You have no clue how much you scare me when you do stuff like that." She giggled. "Well, you can't be the only hero." Libertus laughed. "She's got you there, buddy." They all headed in the vans to go home.

They had the next week off since they were all tired. "Drinks on me tomorrow night," Crowe yelled out. "Great," Nyx heard Raya say, making him chuckle. Nyx opened his door as she walked in and sat down in a chair.

Nyx saw her lay her head back and close her eyes. He went to make some coffee for her. "Hey babe, you wanna order some pizza?" He looked at her and thought she was asleep.

As he walked over to her, what he saw turned the blood in his body to freeze. Under her left foot was a puddle of blood. "Baby, wake up. Damn it, Raya wake up." Nyx took her boots off and saw her left leg was torn up with bite marks.

Nyx looked at her face; she was pale. "Baby, please wake up, come. Don't do this to me." She didn't make a noise. Nyx grabbed a potion and broke it over her leg. Thankfully it started to heal. He watched as her color got better.

Raya woke up, laying down in bed. She jumped up, falling as her leg wouldn't hold her weight. She knew she was going to be sick. Before she said anything, the trash can was in front of her. She felt Nyx rubbing her back as she threw up.

When she was done, she looked over to Nyx. "Why didn't you tell me you were hurt?" She looked confused. "I was hurt?" Nyx looked at her. He could tell she wasn't lying. "I thought my armor stopped the bite. I never felt the pain." He put his arm around her waist to help her stand.

Nyx sat her down on the bed. "Starlight, you scare me to death at times. But you also bring life and happiness in to me. So no dieing because my sister will kill me if something were to ever happen to you." She laughed at that. " I need a nap hero. Come lay with me so I can have a peaceful nights sleep."