The start to the end

Raya got up early the next day, getting ready to go for a run. "Babe want me to come with?" she looked over to see Nyx getting up. "Sure, if you think you can keep up. I don't plan on taken it easy today." she grabs her headphones and plugs them into her phone as her music starts.

She waits for Nyx, and the two head out as the song my fight comes on. She pushes herself to go faster and further each day. Still in her head after everything that has gone on in the last few months. She was happy to be back with Nyx, but she was still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Her brothers words forever hunting her.

Nyx was running behind her when she picked up her pace. He knew what she was doing and knew this was something she had to work out herself. Little did he know the full truth in what was in her thoughts, but he would soon find out.

She came to a cliff overlooking a lake when she stopped. "Raya, you okay, baby?" She took out her headphones and sat down, trying to slow her breathing. "Yeah, sorry was thinking ready to head back?" she started past him when he saw blood on her side and stopped her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were injured?" When she wouldn't look at him, he knew why she didn't say anything. "Let me see Raya." she pulled away from him and started to walk away. Nyx moved fast and stopped her again. "Damn it, and you think I will just let you end your life?"

Raya backed up, not realizing how close she was to the edge. She tried summoning her weapon to hold him back, but when she couldn't, she looked around as something hit the cliff edge knocking her and Nyx into the water below.

Nyx swam to the top, looking for his wife. He saw her come up with a bad cut on her head. Nyx went to her as fast as he could. Nyx shows a Sahagin grab hold of her and dive. She tried getting it off her leg when she went under.

Nyx dove as well dagger in his hand and hit the monster killing it as he pulled her up. He got them out of the water. "Starlight come on, baby wake up so I can yell at you for not carrying my weapon on you." she coughed up some water as she turned to her side.

Raya was trying to think straight, but the pain in her head was killing her. Without thinking, she stood up and started moving like in a daze. "Starlight stop sit down." she never heard him.

Nyx ran to her and stopped her "Baby look at me." her eyes were glazed over as she looked at him. " Starlight, can you hear me?" she just looked at him. When he reached up to touch her face, she flinched.

Raya was lost in her head as people screamed in a village, begging her for help. " I can't. I tried," she cried, falling to her knees, grabbing her head, trying to make the visions stop.

Nyx held her as she cried out in pain. I put you through this. This is my fault. Please forgive me my starlight. Nyx thought as she tried to get away from him. "Baby, listen to me. You're safe. You're safe."

Raya only felt someone holding her down and did what she was taught. She fought with all she had. She found his weapon on the ground next to him and grabbed it, forcing him to let her go.

Nyx was stunned to see her attack him. "Starlight, stop put it down, baby." She still couldn't hear him let alone see clearly. She came at hi weapon in hand, and just as she was about to stab his dagger into his chest, she stopped.

"Nyx, I'm so sorry." she stood up and tried to move away, but she was so dizzy. Nyx's arms went around her waist. " Hey, slow down, hun. Let me check on your head." She pushed his hand away. "NO, just let me go." he held her tighter to him. "No, my starlight I promised you I would never do so again." she looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

Raya heard her phone ring. "hello" she was stunned it still worked. "Get back here now. We are being deployed to the eastern wall. Something big is going on." Crowe said, then hung up. "We have to leave NOW." She explained everything on the way back to get their stuff and tell their family goodbye.