The battle

"All units move to secure the wall if they breakthrough we're done," Luche yells on the coms. Raya was fighting when she heard Libertus in the coms. "What's the hold-up, Crowe?" Raya killed a saber tusk when Crowe finally said. "Almost there, guys hold on a little longer." Raya was tossed in the air as she yelled out, "SMOKE COME." the tiger ran to her side as she landed. "I need help the east walls going down can anyone get to me?" Raya took off running. "Lucis isn't paying us enough for this." She yells out.

Pena was next to Tredd when a behemoth came running up to them fast. "How is this far?" When from two different sides, there was a blue flash, and Raya and Nyx cut down the beast. " Looks like I owe you two." she was at Nyx's back. "You and everyone else," Nyx says.

"We need help on the east wall Nyx Raya get your ass's up here." Nyx saw her roll her eyes as Smoke came over. "Take them to safety, my friend." The tiger nods. She nods to Nyx as they move. "Go easy on the magic hero's you got people back home waiting on you." Raya laughed. "we're worth the wait." the two warp away.

"Fall back. All units fall back. We can't take down that daemon." Nyx grabs her hand as they start to run back. "Nyx stop. Libertus is stuck." Luche tries to stop them. Nyx takes off to his best friend, and Raya follows behind him. They look up to see a daemon dog.

Raya warps over to sidetrack the dog but gets hit into a wall. As she falls, she warps away.  Just as Nyx gets Libertus free. Raya warps over to help when she feels something tear through her side. Raya hits the ground as pain shots up her body.

"RAYA," Nyx yelled as she fell with the damn mutt. Then they see her warp abit away and land on the ground coughing. Raya warps once more to them. "Sorry, I had a dog to put down. I also need to find out who the fuck just shot me." Once they were safe, Raya drank a potion healing her side as she sat down next to Nyx.

The two watch as the empire pulled back. His arm around her waist. "Starlight, you are very reckless, my love." she kissed his cheek. "I learned it from you, hero." They went back to the vans when she kind of stumbled, making him pull her to him. Nyx looked at her, his eyes filled with worry. " I'm fine, babe. Just some pain, you can look yourself once we get home."

As they walked into there now fixed place, Raya took off her coat and dropped it in the chair. That's how he knew she was hurting. She played down her feet still on the floor as her upper body was on the bed. "Need help, babe?" she sat up and winced, making her fall back down.

Nyx came over and got her shoes off.  After that, he moved her feet onto the bed and lifted the side of her shirt. "Damn, that's a hell of a bruise, babe." He looked over to see she was already asleep. The last few days had been hard on her. Nyx laid down next to her. He was pulling her into his arms.

Her and Nyx were placed on gate duty for not listing to orders. Nyx could tell she was close to hitting the crown guard that was in her face when there shift ended. "Starlight time to go come on, baby." he took her hand and led her away.

The two walked down to the bar, where the others waited for them. "Not a nice welcome for your hero's." Nyx joked as they walked over." Not a nice outfit for one, either." Crowe added, handing Raya a drink. "I think it brings out my eyes," Raya says, downing the whiskey. She gets another one and raises her cup. "For hearth," she says with her other hand resting on her husband. "And home." Everyone else said.

Raya sat down in Nyx's lap as the pain went up to her side. " I hope whoever fucking shot me died a nice slow death." Nyx chuckled at her kissing her neck. Crowe came over, dragging Raya to her feet. "Crowe, don't kill my wife. She hurts enough." Raya laughed as Crowe handed her another drink. "She won't be soon." Only Raya heard her and started laughing.

"Nyx hey Nyx, I bet I can... Oh shit, what was I going to say?" Raya looked at him, making him laugh at her. "Time to go home, babe. We have an early day." she nods as she jumps on his back. "Husband, you smell yummy." Nyx just smiles as he carries her home.