Paul

The next two months went by without any problems. Raya and Nyx gathered a bunch of information on the bases in the area.  Nyx and Raya were cooking dinner together when she pulled out a bottle she had hidden. "Hey hero, what do you say to some fun tonight?"

Nyx looks up to see her holding a bottle of Galahad whiskey. "What has Crowe done to you, woman?" She laughed and kissed his neck. "I think my dear hero that is doing something to me." His eyes met hers in understanding.

Nyx turned the stove off and walked over to her. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him, slowly trailing her hand down his spine. Nyx growled at her, lifting her. "You, my dear, are playing a perilous game."

Raya wrapped her legs around his waist. He was kissing the side of his neck. "Good thing I love this game. Hero," she whispered in his ear. Nyx growled out again. "The things you do to me." Nyx slammed her back to the wall. "Sorry,"  he said between heavy breaths. She just kissed his neck again.

The next morning had her waking up a bit sore as she stretched out. "Morning, baby. How are you feeling?" She looked over to see Nyx leaning in the door frame. She got out of bed and walked over to him. " Great," she took the coffee out of his hand. "Hey, that's mine."

Raya yelled out. ""Not anymore."
She heard her phone go off and picked it up. "Hello, sister." The cup in her hand dropped and shattered on the floor. Nyx hearing it ran down the stairs. "Paul, what do you want?" Nyx saw the fear in her face.

"How is your new family? I know your new sister is a pretty little thing. Wanna say hi?" Nyx saw the fear turn to blind rage. "Paul, I will kill you, and I promise you I will enjoy it." She hung up her phone, grabbing her weapons, and ran out the door. When he saw her warp, he knew something terrible was going to happen.

Raya got to Nyx's house and walked around back. He was not far behind her, but when he looked at her, he saw nothing, no fear, no anger, just a blank look. When they reached the back, the color in his face drained.

Paul had a knife at Selena's neck. Raya didn't stop walking. "Nyx, go to your mom, leave him to me. This ends tonight."  Raya warped in front of her brother, punching him in the face. "Run, Selena"  Raya looked at her brother. "You dare threaten my family." Raya unleashed a fury of attacks.

Nyx grabbed his sister when she was close enough. He stood in front of them, watching his wife. "Mom, take Selena inside." Nyx stood ready in case Raya needed him.

Raya felt her brother's blade go across the back of her leg. making her drop to her knee."Should I let you look at your husband one more time before I kill you?" She looked over and saw Nyx running to her. She tossed her kukri behind her, warping with it. Her brother turned around as she put her blade, threw his chest. "The guild will hunt you for this." she pushed him off her sword with her foot and spat at him. "Let them try."

Nyx was at her side. "Baby, look at me." she turned to him, and he took a step back. The light he so loved in her eyes was fading. "Go check on your family. I will report this to Drautos."
He nodded.

Raya watched him run in to check on his family. "Forgive me, Nyx." She walked away with tears in her eyes. She knew what she had to do, and it was breaking her heart to do it. She left her phone and weapons along with a note on the table of the safe house and walked out into the night.

Nyx got back to the safe house and saw what was on the table, picking up the note he read what she wrote.

Nyx,
  I will not put your family at risk like this again. My brother was part of a guild of assassins as much as it pains me. I have to do this alone. As soon as it is safe, I will return to you. I love you
     always love your starlight

Nyx fell to his knee, and for the first time in a while, the hero broke down and cried his heartbreaking. Nyx went back to work a broken man.