One-Shot Songfic

A/n: Hello! This is a quick one-shot that has nothing to do with the OG storyline, just smthn fun! Hope you enjoy~

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Waking up to kiss you, and nobody's there

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air

It's hard

     I wake up and grab my watch from my nightstand. It's 10:00 in the morning. I place it back on the table and shift my body to where I last saw her.

     She isn't here anymore, so I sit up. I've been so used to having her here with me. I take a few deep breaths, still smelling her scent in the air as if she is here. I sigh deeply, rolling out of bed to my dresser. I grab a shirt and then throw my jacket on. I open the door to my bedroom and then hear the familiar beeps of morse code. BB-8 rolls up to me, tilting his head a bit. I smile down at him and then walk to the kitchen.

Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round

It's funny how things never change in this old town

So far from the stars

     Here in Yavin, it seems like people always change, but this town never does. I'm supposed to leave today to join the Resistance, so I grab the bag that is waiting for me on top of the counter. My dad walks up to me, with a sad, but proud expression. I reassure him everything will be fine, then hug him goodbye. I start walking around Yavin towards the hangar where they're supposed to pick me up. I remember the happy events that I had with Y/N. I've always loved her, but I never told her. I regret doing so because now she's gone.

And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now

     "Hurry up Poe! We're gonna be late!" Y/N shouts.

     "I'm right behind you! But you're acting like a child," Poe laughs.

     "Oh shush, let's just ride the Ferris wheel already," Y/N states, grabbing his hand in hers and then running towards the fair.

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

     "Y/N?" Poe asks.

     "Yeah?" Y/N and Poe were sitting on the grass, looking at the sky and the stars above them.

     "May I have this dance?" Poe asks, grabbing her hand and standing up. Y/N smiles as they both turn and swirl around the grass under the stars.

I saw that you moved on with someone new

In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you

It's so hard