Thunder and Lightening (avengers crossover)

(M/n) remembered it like it was yesterday. The death of his brother, the original God of Thunder, his death was untimely and it pained him to remember their times with one another.
Both his brothers were gone, his mother and father were gone, his friends, his sister. He was a orphan now, alone in a world which he had no right in being in. Midgard was different from Asgard but when he had found the Asgardians in the new Asgard on Midgard - the one which his brother had put them at he promised them that he would return them to their rightful home.

It may take months, even years before Asgard would be restored but he never broke his promises or went back on his word. He spent months on the destroyed planet rebuilding it back to its rightful glory. He may not be the king of Asgard but he has the right to the throne but after the death of each of his family members he felt that it was only right for Valkyrie to keep the title, after all that was his brothers finally wishes.

Years go by 3 in a half to be exact and Asgard was back to it full glory, other planets and species aided in rebuilding Asgard, the Guardians and even some of the avengers helped. The asgardian soldiers gathered materials and old layout maps of the kingdom which made it easier to rebuild, new things were added such as bigger homes and stronger walls, the rainbow bridge had a protective shield under it because (m/n) did not want to face another Loki accident when he had fallen off.

Asgard had been returned, Valkyrie was its new king - Queen, and people finally had their homes back.

"Are you sure you can not stay?" Valkyrie asks.

"No sadly I can not Valkyrie, it pains me being here. I barely had the strength to come back here and rebuild this place." (M/n) replies his eyes staring out at the golden sun.

"The people need you ya know?" Valkyrie says. "You're the rightful king to the throne. You can always take the title still..."

"But am I truly a king..." (m/n) starts. "A king must be strong. I am not. A king must have his peoples back, I can not have their backs when I can barley even cover mine. A king must be worthy," (m/n) glances down at his brothers Thor old battle weapon, "I don't feel worthy."

"But you are -" Valkyrie says trying to reason with the god.

"I know I am but I must take this time to find myself, think of it as a self care journey! I must find my worth and accept my past before I can move on and become the king everyone needs so dearly. For now...you be their king - well Queen. You are worthy and the people adore you. Now stop fussing over me, you sound like my mother." (M/n) chuckles.

Valkyrie shakes her head looking off into the distance with a smile, "You won't be changing your mind anytime soon I presume?"

"Correct," he grins.

"Uh whatever," Valkyrie fakes annoyance and punches (m/n) in his shoulder lightly.

"I'll do my best," she says.

"I know you will, that's all I ask for." (M/n) says.

(M/n) tried, he really did. But his heart yearned for some type of feeling. He had long since been numb, his family's death pained him to the core but he knows he has to move on eventually - but again, only time would tell if he does.

"I'll be going now old friend, take care." (M/n) says to Valkyrie.

"I will and you do the same (M/n)," Valkyrie says.

With a nod (m/n) casts his friend one last glance before he shoots off in the sky, the air pushing through him leaving him breathless for a moment and in a blink of an eye he was gone.

(M/n) wasn't sure what happened, one minute he was flying half way across the world the next he was crashing down into the earth. His body tumbled down a cliff roughly - dirt and rocks flew every where before he finally crash landed at the bottom of the rock.

With a groan the male god stands up shakily and releases a blast of lightening into the sky, his outfit changes to that of his warrior one, his chest bare and a metal plate was strapped against his toned stomach, he wore dark brown leathery pants that cling to his legs and thick heeled combat boots, his brothers weapon buzzing with lightening as thunder rang out through the sky, the wind picked up speeds and the crashing of waves could be heard from behind him.

Where was he? And had he been struck down by a enemy?! Looking around he found no one in sight, a few birds and other animals watched him fearfully from afar but he didn't bother them. With a huff he called the lightening and thunder way, the crashing of the waves calmed down once the thunder and lightening vanished but his warrior outfit was still on and his weapon still buzzed.

He was on edge.

What he didn't know was that he used his godly powers it sent a wave of dominance across the whole 500 radius. All creatures, big or small, predator or prey could feel his power. The Cullens who's house wasn't to far felt like they had been hit with powerful winds, Alice eyes widened as she fell into a vision of the god instantly jasper was at her side with a pencil and paper - she threw the man quickly standing fiercely with his weapon in hand.

"Alice - what did you see?" Carlisle asks.

"A man...." her golden eyes drift off into the distance. "A very powerful man."