Small Beings

All of them were long gone.

Alice and Jasper we're exploring the world, traveling every once and a while to meet up with the other vampires that stood along side them to help Edward and Bella's immortal child.

Emmett spent out his days with his mate Rosalie promising her world and adopting children who lived in poor conditions or just really needed someone.

And Bella and Edward has moved across the world alongside Jacob to watch their child grow up. It had only been a year since the couple became lonely nesters - and a year was all it took for Esme to decide she wanted another child, but this time human.

The couple had went out of town that following week - not traveling far they had went across the country just a couple of states and that's where they meet their now daughter (Y/n).

She was perfect in their eyes. (H/c) colored hair that seemed to stand out from all of the other children, (e/c) doe like eyes that stared at them as if they were aliens. Soft small plump lips that could talk anyone ears off for hours on end and a brain that rivaled Edwards.

"We'll take her!" Those were the only words that seemed to flow through (y/n)'s ears just before she was adopted.

Soon days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months and months into years. (Y/n) had grown into a beautiful teenager, she attended the same school their other children all went to and was the highest in her grade. They could never be any more prouder then they were now with her.

But, something started to change. The two Cullens begin to notice signs of withdrawal. (Y/n) stopped getting high grades, and seemed to sneak off every minute she could.

At first they thought it was perhaps because she was studying to hard and her brain was going into overload, but soon that thought switched, they thought she was out partying since when she had come back one evening she smelt of blood and whiskey.

The behavior in the younger Cullen had yet to change. The two parents had made it their mission to get to the bottom of their child's strange disappearances at odd hours. Esme was the first to freak out when (y/n) had gone missing one night, she had instantly told her husband and mate Carlisle who had contacted the other family members and a matter of weeks the Cullen clan was all together.

Edward explained all that he could from looking into both his adopted parents minds and with (y/n) in Alice sights and her scent logged into Jacob's nose the family instantly knew where she was. Upon arriving to her desalination they found themself standing outside of a log cabin.

Emmett and Rosalie exchanges looks, they walked up slowly towards the cabin and paired into the windows. A chuckle left Emmett's lips as he turned and faced everyone, "Is she okay?," asked a worried Esme. "Perfectly healthy from the looks of it," he replied grinning softly.

Esme and Carlilse explained looks before taking Emmett's and Rosalie place by the window. There in the center of the floor was their daughter (y/n) and she surrounded by kittens. "This - this is where she kept sneaking off too?," Esme said she sounded so unsure if this was actually true.

"But - but the whiskey we smelt on her, and the -" Alice shakes her head and interrupts Carlilse.

"That was because she was saving one of those kittens in their from a abusive owner." Carlisle and Esme exchanges looks once more this time with Carlilse chuckling softly. "That explains so much," he whispers out softly and Esme sighs in relief.

"I'm just glad she's alright," she says.

"Same honey," says Carlilse