Ruthless Beast 2

It's been a month since the incident with the newborns, the Cullens and the shifter knew that they were no longer alone in these woods and that something much darker, scarier laid awoke at night. Patrols In the woods had become much common now for both parties, the Cullens traveled farther on their side hoping to find the mystery man that was able to shift into such a beast whiles the pack did the same but on their side. Both ends came up short in their search they assumed he had left, disappeared from Forks never to be seen again but they knew that wasn't the case, not when Jasper and Alice came across large tracks - foot prints that matched that of the large beast.

"I just don't understand, why did the Volturi decide to visit us now? Most importantly why are they here?!" Rosalie glares at the shifters who stand awkwardly across the room from them.

"Aro stated in the letter that one of his guards Jane had found her bloodsinger - " Carlisle states.

"That still doesn't explain anything!"

"Leah here is Jane's mate," Carlisle replies.
Gasps and whispers sound throughout the room. The pack heads snap to Leah who looks just as shocked at the news, "That can't be!" Leah couldn't believe what she was hearing, she was the bloodsinger to a vampire, one that feasted on humans alike - she would surely die.

"They wish to meet her," Carlisle adds.

"Knowing then they'll also want her to join," Edwards adds.

"No! I refuse! Isn't there some way we can stop them," Leah asks her eyes pleading.

"I'm afraid not. Once the Volturi makes up their mind there's no stopping them," Carlisle stares at Leah with a apologetic expression.
"They'll kill her! I refuse to let my sister be some sort of blood slave to those leeches!" Seth took a stance in front of his sister.

"I'm afraid that you won't be able to do much Seth. The Volturi is obviously a powerful group of individuals, we alone won't be able to handle them. Each of them have special gifts and even if we were to try and hold them off they'd kill us," Carlisle says.

Leah closes her eyes as both groups go back and forth she just wanted this nightmare to be over, she wished her imprint was here to save her from her horrible fate. "There here," Alice says with a grim look. Once the group was let it - it being Jane, her twin Alec, Demetri, Felix and the three Kings, Aro, Caius and Marcus.
"Ah so this is the one who I've heard so much about," Aro creepily stared at the female shifter causing her and some of the pack to growl at him. "Learn your place mutts -" Caius harshly spits out with a glare. Jane eyes are unnerving and it unsettled Leah greatly with how much the female was staring at her.

A knock at the balcony door throws the attention off of Leah, the Cullens and the Volturi heads snap in the direction of the noise and in its place stands a man. He's tall, towering over even Felix in height, his eyes stared darkenly at the volturi memebers, Jane especially.

"Let him in," Leah says her eyes wide as she stared into the face of her imprint.

"We don't know him! He could be here with them or here to kill us!" Emmett says.

"He isn't," Alice says bringing the attention to herself, "He's here for her." All eyes fall on leah who stands there suprised. Esme is the first to welcome him once Carlisle let's him in.
"Welcome to our home, I'm Esme Cullen. And these -" pointing to her family. "Are my adopted children. This here is my husband," she smiles at the man but he doesn't make any following movements instead he continues to glare at Jane who returns his glare with a raised brow.

Marcus clasps his hand against Aro who begins to laugh creepily. "Oh what a unexpected turn of events, Jane seems to have found her mate." Leah can't believe what she's hearing, no one can. "That's impossible! He's my imprint!"