Looking Back at my "Love Problems"

“It’s your decision”! My friend Amy stated with a blank face when she found out that I had a crush on the new transfer student, Jung Hoseok. He wasn’t the most popular kid in school, and he wasn’t really popular with the girls either. However, something about him just gets me.

“Thanks for the help”. I replied rolling my eyes. I laid my back against the

wall and sighed. I don’t know what to do! I like him but, what if he’s not interested? I’m really random and my outbursts of happiness might freak him out. I’ve lost many guys because of my personality. I just want someone who’s funny and loves to pull pranks. Someone as random as I. Someone who’s an attention whore (especially this one). I want them to enjoy hugs and cuddling. I want them to show affection towards me and I’ll do the same. He doesn’t seem like that type of person at all.

“Listen (y/n), if you like him and no one known about likes him, you’ve got a shot. Plus you’re prettier since you turned 16, puberty did the best for you. But if it’s your personality that’s going to ruin everything, don’t build up that bond with him. I don’t want to see you miserable like the last time your crush rejected you for being “too random”. Amy responded trying to comfort me. But she was right. At the same time that made me feel horrible.

“I’ve never had a boyfriend and I’m 16. I should’ve had at least one! It’s my stupid personality”! I whined. She lightly slapped my cheek.

“NO! You’re personality is great! You know how to have fun and someday, someone WILL fall for you and your personality, you’ll know when the time is right”. She said. I believed in her and myself. Someday, when the time is right, I’ll find the perfect love.

“You’re right”. We both stood by the school. We both had a really long day and this was what we always do to relax and ease our overworked minds.

Amy and I went our separate ways home. By the time I arrived at the apartment building, in which I lived in, I was exhausted. I decided to take the elevator. I pressed the button and waited. No one was in the halls and it was very quiet, that was until the door to the elevator opened.