What You Are To Me

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I looked around a bit and was still a little drowsy. The lights were off and all I could see was what was in the path of the moonlight shining in from the window. I panicked. I was beginning to get flashbacks of moments from the movie and became scared. I whimpered a bit at the realization of my situation when the lamp beside the bed turned on.

“You okay”? Hoseok (who was lying on a mattress on the floor) asked.

“What happened”? I asked in confusion.

“I woke up because my phone rang. My parents called and said they’re going out to eat dinner together with some friends and won’t be back until 12:00AM. When I saw you sleeping so peacefully, I didn’t want to wake you up. And since my parents weren't coming home anytime soon, I figured I should carry you to my bed and let you rest until you wake up on your own. I hope you don’t mind”. He replied.

“Thank you for doing that. And I’m sorry for falling asleep on you”. I laughed a bit and shyly rubbed the back of my neck.

“Nawww it’s fine! Don’t be so worried”. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and I seemed to have missed a text message. I opened it and read the contents sent from my mother.

‘Your father and I are going to eat dinner with our friends/neighbors. We’ll probably be home around 12:00. Be safe and don’t go to bed too late

“What’s wrong”? He asked.

“You said your parents went out for dinner with some friends and won’t be home until 12:00, right”? He nodded.

“I think our parents are eating out together. My parents said they went out with some friends/neighbors and they won’t be home until 12. I think they’re with your parents”. The expression on his face was priceless. Hoseok’s face lit up a bright red and he quickly turned around to hide it.

“Sooooo, I guess I’ll be heading back to my apartment then”. I said walking out of the room. He grabbed my wrist before I could walk out of the bedroom door.

“I’m scared don’t leave me”! He whimpered. It seemed like he was about to cry any second now.

“I’ve been enough trouble already. You’ve done so much for me already”. I replied. I really wanted to stay though, I was too scared to be in my apartment alone. I was just teasing him a bit to see how far he would go, he wanted me to stay really badly.

“Well then what do you want to do until they come back”? I asked taking a seat next to him on the mattress. He thought a bit.

“I honestly ran out of ideas. We can just talk then”. He replied.

“What do you want to talk about”?

“Well there was something I wanted to ask you for a while now”.

“What’s that”?

“You promise you’ll be honest”?

“I would never lie to you. You’re a friend that I really trust”.

“What do you think of me”?

“You’re really funny and caring. I love how you’re so full of energy and how you’re so random. I love your personality and I kinda think of you as an older brother. What do you think about me”?

“I think you’re really sweet and I love how you tolerate me and we get along so well. You’re a really good friend to me and I see you as someone I can be m-more than…”. He paused for quite a while and shyly looked down in his lap.

“Are you o-”. I was cut off and began to burst out into laughter. Hoseok tackled me and began to tickle me. I’m really ticklish, however, I wasn’t going to fall victim in this tickle fight. I fought back and got to him. I began to take control and tickle him. However. I was no match for his strength and muscles. He managed to overpower me until I gave up.

“O-OKAY Y-Y-YOU W-WIN”! I stuttered between laughs. He sat back and looked satisfied. I sat up and tried to catch my breath.

“What’s my reward”? He asked smirking.

“Reward!? I didn’t even see this coming, no reward for you”. I said playfully and crossed my arms. He laughed at my response.

“So what am I to you? I didn’t get to hear your response from earlier”. I replied hoping he would finish his sentence and Iwould get a good response.

“Wow, I thought that tickle fight would’ve made you forget”. He said rubbing the back of his neck.

“Well, what were you gonna say? I only remember the part when you said I was someone you can be more than. Can you finish the sentence”? I asked persistently.

“Promise you’ll still at least be my friend when I say this”? He asked.

“I’ll always be your friend. You’re really special to me”. I replied.

“Actually, I have another idea. If you want to find out what I wanted to say, you have to pull a prank on someone with me”. He smirked.

“I wouldn’t mind doing that at all”. I smirked in return. This was perfect, I’ve always wanted to pull a prank with someone special to me. Hoseok firmly grasped my hand.

“Help me successfully pull this prank and I promise, I’ll finish my sentence”.