I Won't Let Things End Like This

I awoke in a hospital room. My vision was blurred at first, but then it became clear. Hoseok was holding my hand and had fallen asleep beside me. I shifted just a little bit and that was all it took to wake him up. I noticed his face, his eyes were a little red and he had small bags forming under them. He wrapped his arms around me once I sat up.

“Thank god you’re okay! I was so worried”. He cried.

“What happened”? I asked as I rubbed my forehead in confusion.

“I heard your mom crying and when I came outside I saw you being carried away. I followed and when I saw an ambulance I refused to leave. So your parents allowed me to stay with you and I’ve been here the whole time once the doctors were finished with you”. He explained.

“So how long was I out”? I asked. He glanced at a clock on the wall.

“About 5 hours”. He yawned. I was stunned.

“5 HOURS”! I exclaimed. He nodded.

“And you were here the whole time”? I asked on the verge of tears. I was overwhelmed by how much he cared and I felt so guilty that he had to spend his time worrying about me.

“(y/n), no matter what happens to you, I’ll give up everything just to be by your side. It doesn’t bother me at all that I had to spend 5 hours here. All that was on my mind was seeing you wake up happy and healthy”. He said. I was so moved by his words. I pulled him in for an even tighter hug. At that very moment, my parents walked into the room. Before even running to me, they examined the scene. My mother smiled to my father, then they approached us.

“Thank goodness you’re okay”. My mother sighed.

“Hoseok, is it okay if you wait outside? We have some private things we want to talk about”. My dad requested. Hoseok nodded and walked out of the room. My parents took a seat beside my bed.

“Why did you pass out like that after hearing we were moving”? My dad asked with concern. I stayed silent for a while. I wanted to hide my relationship with Hoseok, I don’t know what to say. I figured they already knew.

“Is it because Hoseok and you are really good friends? I figured that was it when his parents told me about him that night we had dinner. They described what he was like and I instantly remembered you. You are amazing and unique, like him. People like that are rare and I know that you don’t want to lose a rare friend like that”. My mom said. I’m glad that she understands how I feel.

“Yeah, we’re really good friends. Inseparable friends”. I replied. So they don’t know. That’s a relief, I hope they stay with that sense of understanding, the thought that him and I are just good friends.

“I’m sorry (y/n), we can’t just stay because of your friend. We already bought the house, we can’t turn back from there. What’s done is done”. My dad stated. So that’s it, I can’t pass out again, I can’t run away with Hoseok, I can’t change my parents’ minds, there’s nothing I can do at this point. I think this is the end. I think I’m gonna go crazy without someone as special as him. Come to think about it, I haven’t done anything truly stupid in a while. I looked out the window beside me, staring into the night sky. I held my gaze on the biggest star I could see and then whispered.

“Love has been found, decisions have been made by others, but I haven’t made my decision. It’s not gonna end like this. I refuse to let it happen. I have a stupid idea”.