Reuniting Old Friends and Becoming More Than Friends

It’s finally Monday, school again. I got dressed, ate breakfast, and thought about waiting for Hoseok. Instead he showed up at my door first. We walked to school together again.

“Hey can I get your number? In case I wanna talk sometime, I hope you don’t mind me asking”. He said.

“Sure”. I accepted. We then exchanged numbers.

We arrived at school earlier than expected.

“What class do you have first”? He asked.

“English. What about you”?

“Biology. We don’t see each other again until History class”.

“Well until then, see ya”. I said dismissing him as we went our separate ways to class. On my way there, I bumped into Amy.

“Well someone’s early”. She stated. Me and Amy had English together. We were the first ones in the class, not even the teacher was there.

“So how was your weekend”? She asked.

“Fun”.

“Explain”.

“I spent a lot of time with Hoseok. He took me to an animal shelter and we volunteered. He also bought me ice cream and we watched a horror movie together”. As I was going on, I noticed that Amy was smirking.

“Sounds like a lot of couple stuff”. She teased.

“More like brother and sister”. I joked.

“What else happened”? She asked curiously.

“I made a new friend, one of Hoseok’s friends. His name is Namjoon and he’s really-”.

“NAMJOON”!? Amy exclaimed whilst grabbing my shoulders and looking at me with wide eyes.

“Yes...Namjoon”.

“Is he kinda tough looking, with a deep husky voice? He’s kinda blunt and looks kinda like some punk”!? Amy questioned.

“Yup that’s him! But why does it-”

“YOU GOTTA TAKE ME TO SEE HIM! WHERE DID YOU MEET HIM!? DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE LIVES”!? She continued.

“Calm down woman! He lives in the same apartment building as me. You can come with me after school and we can go see him if it makes you happy”. I offered.

“It’s been so long”. She sighed. I had no idea what was going on but this seemed really important to her.

Class began and the day went as it usually did. Then in History (last class of the day, thank goodness) I saw Hoseok again.

“Hey”. I said smiling and taking my seat next to him. He returned the gesture.

“Is it okay if Amy walks home with us today? She wants to see Namjoon for some reason”. I explained.

“Yeah that’s perfectly fine. I promise I won’t wink at her again if that’s what you’re worried about”. He teased.

*******One long boring History class later

“Finally it’s over”. I yawned. Hoseok and I left the classroom together and to our surprise, Amy was already there waiting outside of the classroom door.

“Okay let’s go guys”! She exclaimed looking happier than usual. On our walk home I began to wonder why she’s so determined to see Namjoon. I think it’d be rude to ask, so I didn’t bother. However, Hoseok was just as curious.

“So why do you wanna see Namjoon so badly”? He asked.

“Well, to be honest, he was a childhood friend and we were very close, until he moved. That was one of the saddest days of my life and since then, my mission has been to find him again”. She explained.

When we finally arrived, we all rushed up to 512, Namjoon’s apartment. Hoseok knocked on the door and there was Namjoon.

“Namjoon oppa. Is that you”? Amy said on the verge of tears. She took a step towards him and his eyes widened.

“A-Amy”!? He stuttered. That was enough to send Amy to her breaking point. She bursted out in tears and he pulled her into a hug.

“It’s been so long. I’ve missed you so much”. Namjoon said. As tough as he is, it was clear that he was struggling to hold in tears. It made me wanna cry.

“Should we leave you guys alone”? Hoseok asked. Namjoon nodded.

“Just give us some time”. He said. He brought Amy into the apartment and shut the door behind him.

“What was that about. Are they friends or lovers”? Hoseok questioned.

“Either way, I think it’s cute. Having been separated from someone you really care about, it’s hard. So seeing them for the first time in forever is overwhelming”. I replied.

“(y/n) what would you do if I told you that I love you”? He asked.

“Well that’s a random question. But if you really wanna know, I would love-”

Amy bursted out of the apartment and wrapped her arms around me.

“Thank you so much! If it weren’t for you, I would have never found Namjoon”. She praised. Namjoon stood in the doorway looking pleased.

“Thanks for returning my ‘little sister’ to me”. He said. They were just so happy to be together, it was beautiful.

We all continued to talk and laugh together. Another moment to hold in my memory. Eventually Amy had to go home, and of course she exchanged contact info with Namjoon before she left. Hoseok and I headed for our own homes.

“What were you going to say earlier”? He asked. I shook my head.

“I guess this is gonna happen again”. I replied. Hoseok laughed when he understood where I was going with this.

“Now I know how you felt”.

“So someone’s gonna interrupt us again”. I figured.

“Not this time”. He smirked,

“What do you me-”. I was cut off by Hoseok this time. He pulled me into a deep kiss. I felt time freeze around me, this kiss was all there was. It felt like it lasted forever.

“I love you (y/n)”. He said in between the kiss before wrapping his arms around my waist and continuing to kiss me.

“I love you Hoseok”. I confessed.

“I love you too, Jagiya”.