A Day With Hoseok

That night, I went to bed thinking about one thing.

“I’m someone he cares about, a faithful friend”. It made me so happy to know that he thought of me as a faithful friend. I haven’t even revealed my full personality to him yet, just bits of it. He’s kinda the same so I guess he’ll accept it. Either way, If we can’t be a couple, I want to be remembered as a faithful friend to him.

The next morning I woke up and looked at the clock. I CAN’T BE LATE AGAIN!? I sprung out of bed and bumped into my father.

“Where are you going in such a hurry”? He asked.

“SCHOOL!? WHERE ELSE”!? I exclaimed. He laughed.

“Today’s Saturday”! I sighed in relief. I thought I was screwed today. I shook it off and prepared for the day. I didn’t have much to do today, plus my parents were going to work in about an hour or so.

By the time I showered, got dressed, and ate breakfast, my parents had left. I lied around on the couch and flipped through numerous channels, nothing interesting was on. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I limped to the door still a little tired. I was greeted be Hoseok’s bright smiling face.

“Good morning”! He said. He seemed so awake and happy.

“What are you doing here so early? It’s 8:00 in the morning”. I yawned.

“I heard you yelling so I knew you were awake”. It took me a while to realize what he said.

“Wait. You heard me”!? I exclaimed in shock.

“I guess you could say that, but I live a few doors down the hall so, yeah”. He said awkwardly. I laughed a bit. In my head, I was slapping myself.

“Pretend you didn’t hear that. Okay”? I winked hoping he would do as I said.

“Yeah sure whatever. So, are you busy today”? He asked. I looked around, then at myself in a t-shirt and shorts, then at him.

“Does it look like I’m busy”? I asked.

“Okay great! I made plans”. He said pulling my hand and leading me out of the apartment.

“Wait, not so fast! I need to know what we’re doing”. I said planting my feet into the ground and crossing my arms.

“Do you like animals”? He asked. My face lit up.

“I love animals”! I said smiling brightly.

“Well there’s an animal shelter nearby and I wanted to go volunteer. But I’m not doing it alone, so you have to come”. I rushed to my room and grabbed my phone before leaving with him. The weather was really clear and sunny, a perfect day to do anything imaginable.

We were on our way to the animal shelter when we saw the ice cream truck up ahead. Hoseok grabbed my hand and ran to the line in front of the truck.

“What flavor do you want? I’ll pay for it”. He said pulling out his wallet.

“I’m fine, you don’t have to buy anything for me”. I replied. I didn’t want him to spend any money behind me. He insisted.

“It’s my treat, you have no choice”. He laughed poking the side of my stomach.

“Ok if you insist, Vanilla is fine”. He bought ice cream for both of us and we took a seat on a bench nearby to finish eating before going to the shelter. Something he doesn’t know about me is that I’m a really slow eater. With the heat outside, the ice cream would melt quickly. When I was halfway through my cone, Hoseok had finished his. He noticed that my ice cream was melting a bit off the side.

“Um, your ice cream is leaking a bit”. He said pointing to the cone. I tried to lick it off quickly but it continued to leak. I paused for a while and then pouted.

“I need help”. I said. I didn’t know what to do with a leaky ice cream cone in my hand.

“Don’t worry, I got you”. Hoseok replied. While the cone was still in my hand, he leaned over and licked the sides for me. I was practically feeding him at this point. He finished my ice cream for me and we went to a bathroom to wash our hands. Then we continued for the animal shelter.

When we arrived, there were multiple puppies that ran to greet us. A young woman followed behind them and welcomed us.

“Welcome to Heavenly Angels Animal Sanctuary. Are you two here to volunteer perhaps? Or have you come to adopt one of our loving animals”?

“We’re here to volunteer but who knows, maybe I’ll be here to adopt in the future”. Hoseok replied. The woman led us through the procedure and put us in a room with some kittens and puppies to wash and take care of.

“Finally, some alone time with a bunch of cute babies”. Hoseok sighed happily.

“I’m here too you know”. I reminded him that he wasn’t alone with just babies.

“I know. You’re considered a baby”. He smirked. I lightly hit his arm and smiled in return. Together, Hoseok and I washed all the little animals in a small tub. Most of them were calm and relaxed about it, all except for one. The last puppy that we were cleaning was a tiny pitbull who was full of energy. After we put him in the tub, he jumped out and ran around the room.

“HEY COME BACK HERE”! I called when he slipped out of my hands. We chased him around the room for a good 5 minutes until the little pitbull was our only line of sight. We were so focused on the little puppy that we didn’t see where we were going. I bumped into Hoseok and fell on top of him. We were looking at each other in the eye. I glanced over to the puppy who was happily wagging his wet tail and sitting with the other clean puppies and kittens.

“Well this is awkward”. Hoseok said. I jumped back.

“I’m so sorry, it’s the his fault”! I childishly whined pointing to the innocent puppy. Hoseok smirked and gave the puppy a thumbs up.

“Good job”. He laughed. I laughed as well.

We finally finished our job and played with the animals for hours. I was really happy that I decided to come along with Hoseok.

It was now 3:00PM and we had plenty of time to do anything else.

“Where do you wanna go now”? Hoseok asked.

“I’m tired now. I wanna go home”. I yawned.

“Already? Ok fine but you’re coming to my apartment. We can watch a movie or something okay”? I nodded and at the same time spazzed out on the inside. Is this really gonna happen? Me, going to watch a movie with my crush at his place?