Is This Our Special Bonding Moment?

We arrived at Hoseok’s apartment and his parents weren’t home. I sat on the couch when he ran to retrieve some DVD’s from his room.

“Okay, which one do you wanna watch”? He asked spreading all the discs out on the carpet in front of the couch.

“These are all horror movies”. I pointed out.

“I know”. I wasn’t really good with horror movies, but since he was here, I think I won’t be so scared.

“You pick one”. I said sliding down to join him on the floor. He picked one called “The Possession”.

“This one shouldn’t scare you so much”! He said putting it into the DVD player. He put the other discs away and we sat side by side on the carpet, it was much more comfortable there. When the movie began, I knew that this was going to scare me. I actually enjoy watching horror movies, however, I hate the after effect in which I can’t go to the bathroom myself. Either way, I settled in and prepared myself for what jump scares awaited me.

It was now about 30 minutes into the movie and I was already starting to get goosebumps. I just don’t understand why he's still smiling. I noticed that I was braced up against him quite closely, I don’t know if he’s noticed. He doesn’t seem to mind. I poked him on the arm.

“Aren’t you scared at least a little bit”? I questioned. He brought his face closer to mine and then whispered.

“Not really. Especially since you’re this close to me, I know I shouldn’t be afraid of anything”.

“I’m sorry, I’m just a little scared. I mean if it both-”

“I don’t mind at all”. He said cutting me off and putting one arm around me. He pulled me close to him for comfort. From that point on, we both calmly watched the movie together (with the exception of a few jump scares getting us by surprise).

The movie had finally ended and I was still a little shaken up by the experience.

“That was an interesting movie”. I said trying to sound calm and well collected. His arm was still around me.

“Yeah it was. Too bad it was so short”. He replied.

“Well isn’t that the average length of a movie? I actually think that 1 hour is a lot of time”.

“Not enough time though”. He yawned. Why did he want the movie to be longer? Only god knows I guess. I didn’t want to leave his comfort but I felt like I really needed to stretch. I thought about what to do for a while. All of a sudden, I began to hear light snores. I peered over to Hoseok, who had fallen asleep with his arms around me. I felt the sudden urge to do this (WHY!? I don’t know but I just wanted to, it’s what friends do anyway).

I made myself comfortable and nuzzled closer to him. I just felt like this was the right friend bonding moment. I believe that every pair of best friends have a bonding moment. A moment that confirms the true friendship between friends. Me and Amy had our special bonding moment that tied us together as best friends. We were on a middle school trip to stay at a hotel near a beach. We ditched the hotel to play at the beach. When the moon was out, we ran into the water holding hands and made a huge jump. Then we splashed around and just had fun together. This was a moment that made us realize, “We’re inseparable”.                         

Now’s my chance. I snuggled close to him, marking him my true friend. I began to get too comfortable...and I ended up falling asleep with him.