Chapter 4

Video works^^^
Didn't Mean It by Jasmine Villegas
(Becca's pov)
-9am-
I woke up and got ready for the day, covering up any marks on me with makeup. I went downstairs to see the guys sleeping on the living room floor. My dad is out of town, so my mom said it was ok. I saw Justin and Selena laying on the couch together. How beautiful (note to sarcasm).
"You're leaving already, Becca?"
Chaz mumbled tiredly.
"Yea, I'm going to Max's"
I walked out the door. I know I really shouldn't, but in a way, I just can't help it. Max may be a complete asshole, but at least he didn't let me go like Justin did. Max never forgot about me. Yes, he hurts me both physically and emotionally, but I know he wants me. That's better than what Justin does. However, I hate Max. He hurts me in every way possible. Why do I hide my abusive relationship? Because Max will harm my friends and family. How come I didn't tell them before? Because I deserve to be treated like this, and I don't want anyone talking me out of my relationship. I knocked on his door.
"It's about time, babe"
Max tugged me inside.
"I missed you"
He pulled me close and kissed me. He grabbed my butt, making me gasp and pull away. He pulled me back in only for me to push back away.
"Stop"
I mumbled.
"If there's one thing you should know, is that you're mine. I can do what I want with you"
He growled. Ugh, here we go.
"I can treat you like a bitch..."
He hit me and slammed me against the wall.
"I can treat you like a fucking rag doll..."
He pulled me up by my shirt and swung me to the floor.
"Or I can just fuck you..."
He smirked evilly.
"No...pleas-"
"I'm just fucking with you. You don't deserve it yet"
He chuckled and yanked me up.
"...Bitch"
He muttered and punched me in the face. I was left to cry and whimper on the floor.
"Get up"
He shoved me on the couch. I sniffled and tried to calm myself before he got mad again. Max was on his phone next to me. My phone started ringing, and I hesitated but answered it.
"H-hello"
I noticed Max was listening to me.
"Becca, I was just wondering if you guys wanted to come over for lunch at Chick-Fil-A"
Ryan's voice offered.
"...Yea, uhm, ok"
I agreed.
"ok, see you later"
Ryan spoke.
"Bye"
I hung up.
"Thanks for asking me, cunt"
Max muttered. His words made me tear up again.
"It's just for lunch. Don't you wanna meet my ex?"
I knew Max always talked shit about Justin.
"...Alright, but only until I meet that bastard"
Max stood up and scanned me.
"Clean yourself up"
He got back on his phone. I went into the bathroom and put on more makeup. My cheek was bruised and I had a bloody nose. After I finished fixing myself up, I went back outside where I was welcomed my Max's arm around my waist. The way he held me made me wince. We drove to Chick-Fil-A. I have a feeling this won't be good. I mean, Justin's in there. He's about to meet my boyfriend. Max hates Justin. It's probably my fault for telling him about how Justin cheated on me. When we walked in, the first person I was greeted by was Ryan. Ryan and Chaz had already met Max. They think he's "cool" and "nice", but I see him differently. They don't know the truth.
"Hey guys"
Ryan did some sort of handshake with Max, then Ryan hugged me. Shit. Max doesn't like other guys touching me. He'll probably hit me when we get back. I tensed up and bit my lip in nervousness when I saw Justin and Selena walking up to us. I started to get nervous.
"Hey Becca..."
Justin was about to hug me, but I noticed Selena held him back. I was glad she did that. Max would've killed me. I realized I was holding my breath, so I let it out.
"...And you must be her boyfriend..."
Justin looked like it pained him to say that and put his hand out for Max to shake. I stared at their handshake as I bit my lip.
"Max"
Max shook his hand. As they shook hands, I sensed negativity and anger between them.
"I'm Justin....and this is my girlfriend, Selena"
Justin officially introduced me to his girlfriend. Selena gave me a look of hatred. Wow, we're gonna get along just fine. (Note to sarcasm) I could tell by the way that Max put his arm around me and how Selena clung onto Justin's arm that both Max and Selena were jealous. My chest got heavy, and it felt like I was drowning in a pool of nervousness.
"I forgot something in the car"
I choked out and broke free of Max's arm and rushed outside. I took a few deep breaths until the heaviness disappeared. I've learned some techniques to help my anxiety. It helps a little. It felt so relieving to get out of there. I felt like Max was gonna hit Justin, which I wouldn't mind. I took a deep breath and calmed my heart down. When I walked back inside, everyone was bonding. It funny how well Max can fake being nice when in reality, he's a monster.
"Hey"
Justin walked up to me.
"Oh, hey"
I mumbled anxiously, hoping Max wasn't looking.
"You ok?"
Justin stared in my eyes.
"I'm tired"
I glanced to make sure Max wasn't looking. He wasn't.
"Can I get a hug, please?"
He had sadness in his eyes.
"No"
I shook my head.
"Please"
His voice was soft.
"I-I really shouldn't"
I glanced to see Max looking at me. Fuck.
"Becca..."
Justin's expression changed when he saw how desperate I was. I sighed and hugged him.
"Can we get dinner tonight?"
He whispered in the hug.
"I don't want to"
I whispered back.
"Please. I wanna hang out with you"
He suddenly hugged me tighter.
"...Ok, but not now"
I gave in shamefully. I cursed at myself for agreeing.
"Meet me at the park at 7"
He whispered.
"Are you ready to go, baby?"
Max's voice asked from behind me. Now I realized why Justin held me tighter.
"Yea"
I broke away from the hug and felt Max's arm around my waist again. His body isn't warm and cuddly like Justin. More like the opposite. I knew he was pissed that Justin and me were hugging. I didn't look back as Justin. He would see the fear in my eyes. It was quiet on the way home. It was a deadly type of quiet. The kind of quiet when you get in trouble at school, your parents drive you home alone, and you're just waiting for that moment when they burst their anger at you. I would run away from Max, but 1.) Max will probably hunt me down and 2.) Max is standing right behind me. I heard the door shut, then prepared myself.
"That was a pretty long hug, huh?"
He crept behind me. It sent shivers down my spine.
"Max, it was just a-"
"Shut up, fucking whore!"
He swung at my head, making me hit the floor. Before I could get up, I felt a sharp pain on my back from his shoe kicking me. I cried in pain and laid on my stomach. Suddenly, it was silent except for my crying. Max returned from the kitchen.
"Give me your hand"
He ordered harshly. I saw he had a small knife in his hand, so I hid my hands.
"Give me your motherfucking hand!"
He barked at me. I shook my head, begging him with my eyes. Then, he ripped my hand from my protection and drew a cut across my palm. I yelped and pulled it back, holding it against my shirt.
"Get out of here. You better come back tomorrow"
He dragged me out the door. I whimpered and cried until I remembered I had to meet Justin for dinner. Well, I don't have to, but I'm hungry. We basically went to Chick-Fil-A for no reason.
There was blood on my shirt, so I have to find a way to hide all the evidence.

(A/N: Sorry for the late post. I'm having a bad day😞)