Chapter 24

Overjoyed by the turn of events. The letter she wrote to me save me from a lifelong heartbreak. I silently thank Crisanta for writing that 5 years ago and see? I am the happiest man ever alive.

She also confesses na the night she saw me and Tori at the restaurant was the night she planned on saying yes to Arnel but she changed her mind. Her heart was bounded to me and she cannot fool herself and Arnel, kaya daw she chose to let go of Arnel and trying to mend her broken heart.

But God really works wonders and here we are.

I cannot contain my happiness specially with that kiss we shared. The most memorable kiss, no lust but more explosive.

"Jacobo, promise mo sa akin na hindi ka na aalis, hindi ka na mang-iiwan uli. Kung nakakaramdam ka na ng panlalamig, sabihin mo sa akin at maiintindihan ko, basta wag ka lang mawala ng walang paalam"

Naka pout pa si Crisanta while straddling me.

I laugh. She really have her way with words.

"No, of course not. I have been waiting for this, well unconsiously, but believe me. The last thing I will do is hurt you and leave you, kahit gaano ka pa ka kulit" and I pinch her nose, she giggled and cupped my face.

"Ampogi talaga, at ang corny"

"Well, ikaw kasi, jologs ka eh"

She rub her nose against mine. I felt my blood rush through my nerve endings. That cute gesture is killing me.

"Jologs nga, pero loves mo naman"

I hugged her and pressed her body to mine. I feel her heartbeat, nagkaka syncronize pa ng sa akin. I never thought I could love her this much.

"Yeah, I guess dahil sa ka jologan mo ako nahulog... I love you Crisanta, so much"

I am about to kiss her when I hear my phone ring. Ready na ako to ignore it but Crisanta put her fingers over my lips.

"Hoyy. wag bingi Mister, sagutin mo na ang tawag baka investor mo 'yan" at mabilis na siyang tumayo. Na feel ko agad ang kahungkagan. Nagiging Clingy naba ako agad?

She gestured me to answer the phone. I sigh and grab my phone at lumabas ng kwarto niya.

It's Tori.

Dahil siguro sa saya ko kaya nakalimutan kong may nag iisang problema pa pala ako to finally have Crisanta. 

Maybe it is a sign. To make things right.

I swipe the answer button.

"Babe...what time mo ako sunduin? I am ready na, where are you ba right now?"

I close my eyes. The last thing I want to do is leave Crisanta, hindi ko kayang hindi siya katabi sa oras na ito and I feel like I already cheated just because I answer the call. But I also see it as a chance to finally end what we "have" with Tori.

"I'll be there, okay bye"

I drop the call. Kumuha muna ako ng lakas ng loob bago ako pumasok sa kwarto ni Crisanta. Nagliligpit siya ng kwarto niya at tumigil when she notice me.

Kahit hindi siya nagtatanong ay agad kong sinabi sa kanya.

"Tori called..." nagbago ang reaksyon ng mukha niya, she look guilty pero she's still silent, I bet she want me to continue "She set a dinner and... I see it as an oppurtunity to tell her about us, well she already know I am in love with someone so I think madali nalang ito" Nilapitan ko siya and hold her hands.

I look at her intently trying to decipher her pero I can't. Gusto kong makita ang jealousy doon but wala, she just stared at me blankly.

"Crisanta listen, it's the only way. believe me, she'll understand"