Chapter 33: Please remember me

“There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.”

Chapter 33: Please remember me

Taehyung was roaming his eyes around the shop. It's so familiar to him, he was wondering where this place was.

"Oh, Taehyung, finally I saw you. Are you here to work again? You know customers were looking for you. I was so surprised when you said you're going to resign because you already filled your piggy bank and will buy a ticket to Paris." John uttered when he saw Taehyung.

"Pardon?" Taehyung responded confusedly.

Paris. Why does he want to go to Paris?

"I'm sorry but I don't know you." Taehyung muttered kind of guilty.

"What? What happened to you? How could you forget about me? Wait, did you also forget that you said you're going to confess your feelings about Mr. Jeon?" John was disappointed.

"I-I don't know what are you saying." Taehyung gulped.

"Just leave him, he can't remember anything because he got amnesia that's why he's here to remember."

Jungkook finally came with their order.

"What?! No way! He didn't conf---"

He stopped when he saw Jungkook glaring at him.

"Like what I said, I'm going to leave, enjoy your date." John nervously smiled and left.

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head.

"Are you okay? Did he make you uncomfortable?" Jungkook asked looking at Taehyung.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just get confused about what he was saying." Taehyung uttered with a forced smile on his face.

"Did you remember something here?" Jungkook inquired.

"Hm, there's a guy fighting with 4-5 guys here but I can't see that guy's face, his face was so blurry." Taehyung muttered

"That's me, I'm that guy." Jungkook retorted.

"Oh, wow." Taehyung let out a sigh and proceed to eat his order.

He didn't bother to look at Jungkook, he kind of felt a little bit scared of him. Taehyung looked at the cupcake, he didn't notice that he was smiling.

"Cupcake"

"Huh?" He asked when he heard Jungkook's voice and looked at him.

"That's a cupcake, I'm sure you will enjoy that." Jungkook simply said even though he was calling for Taehyung.

-----

It was already dark when they came back, Taehyung went straight to his room while Jungkook stayed downstairs. He grabbed one of the beers on the shelf and pour it into his glass.

"So, what happened?" Jin asked sitting beside Jungkook on the stool.

"Fine? I guess." Jungkook muttered drinking the beer.

"What's the matter? Did something happen between you two?" Jin inquired concerned.

"Do you think he will feel the same with me if he ever remembers about me?" Jungkook asked biting his bottom lip.

"Are you worried that he won't like you anymore because of what happened?" Jin replied, asking.

"Yes, he totally forget about me and his feelings since he got amnesia. Even though he remembers about me, I'm nervous if his feelings fade away." Jungkook mumbled drinking the beer instead so his tears won't fall.

"Jungkook, the brain might forget but the heart can never. If he truly loves you, I believe he will still feel the same towards you." Jin stated.

"I'm worried, I'm scared, it hurts me so much when he didn't remember me. I was happy when he woke up but my heart shattered when he forget me.

I know, I know that I don't deserve his love but I just want to try, I just want to be loved by him. But why is it hard to love? Did I wish for too much? Is this my punishment for being me?

But why? Why does it hurt so much? Of all of the people, why me? Don't I deserve to be happy? I'm a human too, I have feelings." Jungkook cried.

"You know what, this is the first time I saw you cry like this. It's okay to cry, it's better if you let it out." Jin tried to comfort him.

Jungkook cried so much, that he can't handle the pain even though it was not his first to get hurt.

-----

Jungkook went upstairs even though he was tipsy. He opened the door of Taehyung's room and saw the boy was already sleeping.

He knelt down on the floor to look at Taehyung's face. He touched Taehyung's face and the boy leaned on his touch.

"Cupcake. That's the nickname I gave to you. I don't know why I called you that but it just suddenly came out of my mouth when I look at you.

But I guess, It's because you look like a cupcake, you are beautiful and sweet like a cupcake. You have that soft look that made me melt.

Seriously, the reason why I approached you for the first time we met is actually just to mess up with you, that's my original plan. But when I saw your eyes, I realized you were in pain.

I help you to get out from your father and I successfully did. I just want to use you against your father so I could get revenge on him. But I don't know what you did to me to make me feel crazy. I don't want to let you go.

I know I am possessive but it's your fault. I did everything so you will stay by my side and trust me. I'm so scared that you will leave me.

And the accident happen, I thought I will lose you, I'm so scared to death when I saw your situation. For the first time, I felt so fragile that I could break at any moment.

When you woke up, my hopes went up because you are alive. I'm so much happy that I couldn't explain my emotion at that time.

But when you say those words, when you ask me who am I, it hurts me because you forget me. I told myself that once you woke up, I will going to tell you about my feelings.

But how? How can I do that if the person I love doesn't even remember me? How can I say to you that I love you, Taehyung?

I love you so much so please, I'm begging you, please don't forget about me. Let me just at least confess my feelings to you. Please, cupcake, please remember me."

Jungkook cried, he pecked the back of Taehyung's hand and his cheeks.