Let's escape Together

"Promise me you wont ever run away." Marks face was serious. He stood in front of me and I didn't know what to do. My body felt electric from the kiss we just shared and I couldn't grasp the fact that he cared this much. I nodded my head yes to him. "No Vanessa that is not enough, promise me you wont." He sternly said. Mark already knew the answer to his question though. I felt like he could read me like a book so I didn't understand why he wanted this clarification so badly. "I promise." My voice was light and I felt fragil under his gaze. His face went blank as he looked so deep in thought. I rolled my eyes at his manner of always zoning out. "So what's your big plan now?" I asked him. He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. "You mean our big plan?" A smirk rested on his lips. His eyes were bewildered as he let out the words, "Let's escape together." I laughed at his sudden proposal and smiled at him in admiration. How could someone with so many faults make me feel this way. 

"We can go to one of my estates in the south. Totally off the radar." Mark seemed like he was talking more to himself then me, almost justifying his plan. As he babbled on he called taeyong upstairs, who ultimately agreed to the plan. "Do you want to do this nessa? Will you feel better?" He looked at me intently and I smiled. I felt the warmth that came with his words of care. "Yes. I am ready for anything Mark. Don't worry about me okay." He sighed at my response. "How could I not." He muttered the words under his breath and they were barely audible. Mark left the room without a word as his eyes trailed towards the ground. I didn't like when he switched between being closed off and open. It made me insecure about our connection. I looked at the clothes tossed around my room and took a deep breath. My eyes rested on my reflection in the mirror. I pulled my hair up with a ribbon and tied it tot. Although the pit of my stomach felt uneasy I still managed to re pack my bags with different intentions this time. I needed to go back into my place, I needed to play my role again. I huffed a single piece of hair out of my face and stood up reborn again. I changed into a silk prada dress and rested a pair of black sunglasses over my eyes.  

I left my room and look toward a maid on the outskirts of the hallway. "My bags are in my room. Put them in the car." I told her. She looked toward me confused and didn't move. Obviously she didn't know about what was going on or where I was going. I tilted my head to her and furrowed my eyebrows. Her lack of information was no excuse to not respond to my orders in this house. I was in charge here and she was far below me. "Now!" I glared at her and she jumped from her position to move. I smiled to myself and pushed my sunglasses up further on my nose. I was getting back to normal. It was nice to know that the power I did have still made me hungry for more. It was a nice reminder to have. I got into the car and sat across from Mark. My legs were crossed and I couldn't wipe off the smile that was still on my face. The long car ride was overall silent as Mark rested his head on his seat with his eyes closed. He was always so tired and stressed with bags prominent under his eyes. I hoped for him to be able to rest easy but I only knew I now added onto his list of stresses. 

When we finally made it to the estate I gasped. The bungalow house was very quaint. It was white with green plants spiraled across the entire property. It overlooked the coastline and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The house was small and distanced far from humanity. It was a perfect place to just completely disappear. "It's gorgeous." I beamed at the sight of the estate and Mark smiled at my reaction. A yawn escaped his lips. "I haven't been here since I was a kid." Mark sighed and rubbed his eyes from tiredness. We got out of the car with our luggage and the driver left immediately. We were stranded and the only people with the knowledge of our whereabouts were Taeyong and Marks driver. He believed we were safe here and I didnt have a reason in the world to doubt him. Haechan wouldn't be able to find us here. Mark held the door open for me on the way inside and lead me to a room on the far side of the house. I set my stuff down and thanked him. 

It felt almost uncomfortable between us as we looked at eachother. I knew Mark was confused about our kiss, I could see it on his face whenever he looked at me. He didn't have anything to say to me. I knew my own feelings for Mark were strong. I looked at him like he was gold and everything he did that should have made me think less of him only brought me in closer. There was something about him that drew me in, but that was just Marks persona. Mark had every girl around his finger and just when I thought I wasn't like every other girl I fell under his spell too. I was almost embarrassed by my feelings towards him and I felt pathetic. As the awkward tension built up in the room I felt the urge to speak. "So who's cooking dinner?" My words came out as a joke when Mark laughed at them. I imagined Mark has never had to cook a meal for himself in his life. "You're also eating a meal with me for the first time here. Unless you find an office to go hibernate in here too." He rolled his eyes at my comment and took a step further away from me to rest his body on the door frame. The space between us felt like endless miles and I felt saddened by the thought of distance between us, emotionally and physically. 

"You really hurt me this morning nessa." His voice was low and he didn't make eye contact with me. My head fell to the floor as the feelings of guilt rose from the bottom of my heart. "I just don't understand why your mood and outlooks change that quick sometimes." He continued to put me down but I ultimately agreed with him. I didn't know why my emotions would change so fast between being confident and incontrol to not wanting this life at all. It almost made me give myself whiplash. I thought about Mark as well though, he was the exact same, especially towards me. "I could say the same thing about you." The room fell silent. I knew whatever me and Mark had between us was trouble. Mark already had so much on his plate and adding me into that equation was enough to ruin his whole balance. Mark had never had a problem like me before, he has never been in this situation before. Although he probably witnessed something similar between his parents. The confusion he felt about me was more than justified and I was more then willing to sit in silence with him. I was willing to wait for him.