I'll show you one day

The room was silent. Mark sat in a chair on the far side of the room. He looked out the window as I stared at him. It had been a whole week since our conversation in the bathroom and we haven't talked since. Mark ignored all my knocks on his office door for the past week. He locked himself in that room and I got no information on what he was doing. The only thing Taeyong told me was that he was planning something and it was best to leave him alone, so I did. My heart ached to know if he was okay, if he was upset at all, but i resisted the urge to ask him in fear of leading him on. The room we sat in held many activities of vice and crime. It was quite famous in the cartel for the countless murders that had taken place in it. I had yet to step foot into it until today. We were at a man's house. He was known as Pistol, or at least that is what the rest of the cartel called him. I guess you could call him an assassin. He was used by the countless wealthy men in this industry.

Mark tended to use Pistol on the weekly. Marks so called 'rats' would spill information to him about someone who's about to cross him or leave the cartel and Mark would then send the name of that person to Pistol to take care off. The idea of this process made my stomach twist but I kept calm on the matter not wanting to upset Mark. He had to use Pistol to show people not to mess with him. It was completely understandable for Marks place in this industry. We were thankfully here on business reasons, not to send him out to do any dirty work. Although we still had to worry about Haechan the business couldn't continue and run itself. Pistol was requesting a pay raise and although such a small matter of money would never bother Mark or I, his request was a bit uncanny. He was asking for double of what Mark was already giving him and that was beyond out of the question. Mark was never the one to sit around and let someone take advantage of him so he had to take action on the matter. 

"Mark i'm glad you came to meet me in person today." Pistol walked in the room and I almost gasped. Most of his teeth were missing and he had a large scar on his face that ran all the way down his cheek. I gulped back my shock by the sight of him and smiled. "How are you?" Mark stood up to shake his hand. "Im fine. Business is getting slow here, that is why I called you." He then looked to me. "So this is the gorgeous Vanessa I've been hearing about. What a doll you got yourself here Mark." I let out a breathy laugh and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you." We all sat back down in our seats. "Now listen Mark I hate to say it but im not making enough money. No calls have been in lately for me to take care of and you're my main supporter." Pistols voice was raspy and deep. I wondered why Mark couldn't just pay him to kill Haechan? I wondered why Mark wanted to prolong the existence of him in our life? The thought left my mind as Mark laughed. 

"I pay you more than anyone else in the business! How could you possible not have enough money?" My eyebrows furrowed at the fact that Mark was paying someone more than me. I felt hungry again for riches as competitiveness seeped into my body. "Im asking for double Mark. I know you can afford it." Pistols eyebrows raised toward a very amused Mark. "We both know I can afford it but you must be out of your mind if you think I will pay you that amount." He laughed in his chair as Pistol fumed. "We go way back Mark. You can't help out a friend?" His head tilted to the side and Marks eyes narrowed at him. "It's not 'helping out' when the other person is just taking advantage." Mark's tone got serious all of a sudden and I sat back. "Double or I am leaving. Let's face it Mark you need me for all the dirty you can't do yourself." Pistol smiled wickedly at the diss he made on Mark. He belittled the man that held the money and was almost proud of it. My eyes widened at his comment as Mark stayed silent. Mark glanced at me like it was my turn to say something. I didn't have a chance in intervening. Pistols face held an expression of amusement and I knew I had no chance on winning him over. I also didn't like the fact Pistol made more money than me and I selfishly didn't want to add onto that number. This situation was different than others. I was better to keep quiet on terms about pay when I didn't even possess the money he wanted. I looked away from Marks glance and stayed quiet, minding my own business. 

"I guess you're leaving then. I'm not discussing deranged payment issues with you and I do not need your services." Mark stood up frustrated and I followed his actions. "Wait Mark we could figure something out!" Pistols eyes went wide as his threat of leaving didn't scare Mark. Mark walked to the door and I trailed closly behind him. "No need. You lost your biggest income outlet today." Mark raised his hand to hush Pistol and walked out the door. "It was nice uh meeting you." I quickly rushed out the door. "Mark?" I ran after Mark as he reached the car. He held the car door open for me and I got in confused. He slammed the door, making me jump, and got in on the other side. I stayed silent as I sensed his anger. God knows my voice only made Mark go crazy and I wasn't about to ignite the flame he had. "You have one job Vanessa. One fucking job." His eyes closed and he leaned his head back on the seat as the driver pulled away from the house. His voice was calm but his words hit me like a rock. "Im sorry I just didn't think there was a point. I'm not involved with how much money you give out to people and I didnt know-"

"Please, just be quiet." Mark stopped my rambling and I sighed. The silence grew toxic and I felt a burning feeling to know what he was thinking about. Mark was becoming less and less of a mystery to me but I still couldn't comprehend his thoughts. "Are you upset with me. I mean not about this, about what happened." My words trailed off and he stayed silent. "I didn't want to hurt you Mark." My voice was quiet as I looked at his face. His eyes were still closed and I couldn't tell if he heard me or not. "You think I don't know the truth of my own true feelings for you. You think I don't know what love is and haven't thought things through for you?" He scoffed and my breath hitched in my throat. He sighed as I stayed silent. "I'll show you how much I love you one day Vanessa and by the time you realize." He paused. "It will be too late."