Calling in for backup

"See money isn't the problem here. I know you have more than enough." Jaehyun threw the papers Mark handed him to the side. We were now back home at Marks house and every minute grew tenser. The car ride back from the beach house reached a whole new level of silence between Mark and I. I frankly don't have anything to say to him, we both knew our job. We knew what we needed to do to be successful and nothing could come in the way of that. Taeyong advised that we were to set up up a meeting with Jaehyun. He owned a large bodyguard company. Jaehyun managed over a thousand men in the workforce, all able and eligible to work. He was used a lot by drug lords in this industry for obvious reasons and was well looked up upon. Mark was displeased by the appearance of this man in his office. We didn't know Haechans plan and needed to be prepared for what was to come. We were calling in for backup, just incase.

"What is your problem here then?" Mark was bothered and it was uncomfortable to be around in this situation. "You're asking for my best men to protect you from Haechan." Jaehyun almost laughed at this request. "I am not here to make enemies, I hope you understand. Haechan will not only have his eye on you, he will also have it out on my business." Mark looked away to the ground and huffed. I gulped and darted my eyes to Jaehyuns. "I hope you understand us." I spoke up and grabbed the attention from both men in the room. "This is the best opportunity for your company Mr. Jeong. The amount of money we will invest you will ultimately change the way you run your business. You will be able to expand it and grow." I tilted my head towards him and he fixed his tie. "Vanessa, call me Jaehyun, lets keep this casual." He smiled at me and I couldn't help the blush that creeped onto my face. He had a way of speaking to me that made me weak at the knees. He really knew what he was doing and used it to his advantage when he smiled at you. "It is the best thing you could do for yourself and your company." I crossed my arms and leaned back into my seat. 

"She is right." Mark chimed in, pleased with my performance. "I agree with you both, but think about the repercussions I could face from this." He was right. We had no idea what could happen from this situation. Everything was up in the unknown. The room fell quite and I pursed my lips. "Vanessa you might of got even more gorgeous since the first time we've met." Jaehyun smiled at me and my eyes widened from the random topic. I looked to Mark, his eyes stared towards the man as his jaw clenched. "Thank you." I let out a giggle and felt like a schoolgirl again. "Let me remind you were here on business right now. No wild changes in the current discussion Jaehyun." Mark glared at the man in front of him. Jaehyun had a sudden realization and clapped his hands together. "Oh that's right you two are in a relationship now, right?" He laughed. "We are." Mark was short and stern on the topic and it made me take a deep breath. It felt awkward in the room and I didnt know how to act or speak.

"Listen I don't want to step on any feet here Mark." He held his hands up in defense as a joke but no laughs were returned to him. "Important men are now very impressed with your sudden relationship with vanessa here." Jaehyun continued. "You must love that Mark. Good for business isn't it? Very convenient." Jaehyun's smile looked almost evil as Marks hands rolled up into fists. "I missed out on quite a treat." He looked at me and a let out an uneasy smile. It seemed Jaehyun was almost suspicious of our relationship. Mark cleared his throat. "The contract Jaehyun. I've had almost enough with this meeting. Will you sign them or not." He was almost furious as his jaw clenched again. Mark got no answer to his question and he stood up to leave the room. I watched him leave and was then left alone in the room with Jaehyun. I got up from my seat and made my way over to Jaehyun. I grabbed the papers and put them back in front of his face. I knew what I had to do. Mark also knew, maybe that was why he left the room before I could start. "You're really going to leave me alone here unprotected." My pout was enough for him to look at me with sympathy. He frowned at me. "I-I don't know Vanessa." I brushed back my hair out of my face, revealing my neck. I picked up a pen and shook it with my fingers. 

"You help me and I help you. Imagine the money you'll get from this. You'll also have the power of knowing that you kept me safe." I almost pitied myself in that moment. Was guilting a man and casting a feminine trance on him what I had to do to get things my way. The power I could wield with my actions was confirmed when he took the pen from out of my hands. His thumb ran over mine intentionally as he smiled at me. I mustered back the wrongness I felt in that moment and allowed my confidence to regain its hierarchy. "But I do have conditions." He spoke and I nodded. "Anything for you." I smiled at him and sat on the desk beside him. " I will only send half of the men you want, It should still be more than enough. I also want my name to be in no part of this. Haechan shall never know I was ever here." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Of course. This will suffice. Its more than enough." I brushed back the hair that was in his eyes and he slowly wrote his name down in ink. I grinned at the signature and it brought me back to my first contract victory with Johnny. 

"I will walk you out." He held his arm out for me and I slid mine in, interlocking our limbs mannerly. "Vanessa if he ever hurts you or is making you do anything you do want to you can always run to me. You would be safe" He looked at me in my eyes and I took a breath in. The 'he' Jaehyun was referring to was Mark and those words made me feel uneasy. Was my mask not on tight enough, could he see right through me. "Oh Jaehyun don't be so dramatic." I pushed his chest playfully as we walked to the door. "I will set up and have the guards here by Friday at the latest." I smiled at him and watched him walk out of the door. "Have a safe ride home." I waved and closed the door. My forehead rested on the wooden door as I sighed. I felt relieved and satisfied by my actions that lead to victory, but there was still a pang of guilt in the pit of my stomach. I slowly turned my body to see Mark. He was at the top of the staircase, looking down at me. "I got him to sign it." I half smiled to the man looking down at me. Mark nodded with a straight face and walked away, out of my sight.