You drive me crazy

I watched Mark from afar. The way he moved was almost graceful, but it never failed to look forced. He paced around the empty hallways of our house. I sat on a chair on the west end of our house and listened to Mark's steps putter around the wooden floors. As I sipped on my morning coffee I wondered what had gotten into him. I haven't seen Mark pace like this since Haechan was threatening us. He passed me again and my head followed his direction. He stared at his feet in focus as his mind was reeling with thoughts.

"Mark you will get dizzy." I stated and he simply ignored me. I sighed and put my cup of coffee down on the side table. It was early, almost quarter to seven and I couldn't help the yawn that escaped my lips. As Mark slept soundly beside me last night, I stayed up with thoughts racing through my mind. I hated myself for being able to forgive Mark so easily, like it was nothing. He dragged me into the cartel for the purpose of his own fun and curiosity, like I was nothing. Even with being upset about that fact I had to remember how much Mark had changed since I first met him. Mark used to be a cold hearted businessman who didn't care for anything and although you could still describe him like that, he has softened up a little bit. I started out knowing I was already just a pawn for him in the beginning, so I couldn't act like I was totally shocked by the news. It didn't surprise me that Mark had brought me into the cartel for his own selfish reasons, it just hurt me knowing I could of avoided a lot of pain and that he hid that information from me. 

Mark continued puttering around for another couple minutes before I got up from my seat to stop him. "Mark." My voice was sharp and I grabbed his strong shoulders to keep him in place. "Not now Vanessa, I'm thinking." He looked at me annoyed and I let out a sarcastic laugh. "At first I would do anything to get you out of that office, but now I just need you to stop pacing. It's stressing me out." I peered up at him and he rolled his eyes at me. "You know how important today is for me. For us." He gulped nervously and I smiled. My hands traveled from his shoulders to his chest and I rested them there. "I know Mark." I brushed off his jacket, straightening it out, as he took in a deep breath. 

Mark was going to meet with other high status men in the business today. I was not attending the event because this meeting was titled a 'mans day', with cigars and darts, which was no place for a lady. "They have to agree with the points im bringing up today." Mark stressed and continued to pace around the room. This nervous tic of his was almost embarrassing and I giggled about how cute he looked in that moment. Mark was hardly a people person, he thrived when I was beside him. People would believe I was just arm candy until they met us together. We were powerful together, but mediocre when seperated. Just normal.

"I will be utterly shocked if they do not agree with you Mark. It benefits everyone in the end. They will eventually sign the contract to start the fight for certain territory areas to expand. They will do this for money and more power. If you think for a moment that they care about their safety on top of everything else, you are wrong." My speech was intended to calm Marks nerves down but it seemed to make him even more anxious. Mark wanted to convince his co workers that it was in their best interest to start a cartel war for more land. With more land under our belt we could bring in even more money for business. "I just don't want them to bring up how dangerous this could be for everyone." He finally slumped back in a seat in the far corner of the room and grabbed his head in frustration. 

I strutted over to him slowly and frowned at his state. Mark worked hard and put his blood, sweat and tears into this industry. He had a fear of not succeeding and having people question his abilities. I climbed onto Mark and propped myself up onto his lap. I sat sideways on him so that my legs draped over the arm of the chair. My hand reached behind Marks neck as I started to play with the hair on the nape of his neck. "We are one of the largest drug trafficking organizations in the world. You need to remember that." I narrowed my eyes at him. The energy in the room turned calm and he closed his eyes in pleasure as I placed my lips onto his neck, kissing him softly. "You are Mark Lee. The most powerful man in this business." I mumbled softly against his skin. "You own these men. If they don't agree with you, make them."

I felt his heart racing and I hoped it was only because of me. I brought my head up to meet his eyes and my heart sank as I saw that his pupils were dilated. My fears of Mark using drugs scared me every single time I looked at him. His actions and mannerisms pointed out to the fact that Jaehyun was right, but I couldn't stand the thought of it so I continued to ignore these signs. I told Mark about my past. I told him about how drugs ruined my life and how I hated them. Even with the irony of this situation I still hoped Mark would be honest with me and not want to use drugs. Even though I was unsure about this situation my gut told me to not talk about it or bring it up. I didn't feel comfortable confronting him, especially with his big day today. 

Mark licked his lips as he eyed mine. A smirk rested on his face after my words of encouragement, almost like I reminded him of who he was. Mark usually overflowed with confidence and it seemed like I helped him remember his own persona. His hand slipped up my thigh and squeezed it as I held his face close to mine. "You drive me crazy nessa." He muttered and immediately met his lips to mine. I felt everything while kissing Mark. I was being reset while we connected passionately. I changed my position to straddle him to deepen the kiss. I moaned quietly as Mark bit my lower lip aggressively. He grinned at his undeniable power over me. I believed Mark and I were attached at a different level than just physically. I felt his pain, stress, happiness and every breath he took.

I was reminded of how refreshing it was to just get lost in his touch. All my worries would automatically disappear and bliss would return as I would forget everything that made me angry in the first place. We finally separated after a long time and both of us breathed heavily. He smiled at me and brushed my hair back behind my ear. "I don't want to leave anymore." He whispered and I raised an eyebrow at him. "You better go. You have work to do." I playfully said. I began to get off of him and he shifted in the seat uncomfortably. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me back onto him. I laughed loudly at his actions like a kid. We were interrupted as a maid walked into the room and coughed awkwardly. We stiffled our laughs and I got up shyly. I straightened out my shirt that was hanging off my shoulder. "The car is here for you Mr. Lee." She forced a light smile to us and he nodded. Mark stood up from the chair and he grabbed his briefcase. He walked over to me and left a long kiss on my forehead. I bit my lip in satisfaction as my eyes fluttered closed. "I'll see you tonight Vanessa." He walked toward the door and I smiled at his now confident stride. "Good luck Mark! Even though you do not need it."