I'm back

My heels clicked on the floor as I made my way into the house. I smiled at the view of the crisp chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I was home, although I never used to call it that. It always used to be 'Marks house' in my eyes, but now I could see it was home. I began to take off my coat as a maid walked into the foyer. She stopped in her tracks and looked at me with wide eyes, almost horrified. I was back from the dead. Her hand went to her mouth and she whimpered in fear. "Well?" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Aren't you going to take my coat?" I smiled at the maid in front of me who couldn't believe her eyes. "Miss-." She stuttered and took slow steps towards me. "Did you really wish I was dead? Don't be too surprised to see me, It will make me upset." I faked a frown at her and she took my coat shakily. "I am just stunned that's all. I am glad you're healthy miss." She eyed my wearily. The workers here knew to not ask questions as they did not want to get sticky with the cartel. It was quite a blessing in the grand scheme of things.

At the sudden spark of events more workers piled up to see me. They all gasped and whispered to each other while staring at me, almost like we were at a zoo and I was an unchanged lion. "Don't you all have work to do?" I asked and they scattered around wearily of me. I chuckled under my breath at the shock I put them through. "What is all the commotion about?" I heard footsteps come towards the front door and I straightened up. My heart jumped at the sound of his voice. It was Mark. I instantly beamed at the sight of him walking into the entrance. He paused and looked at me with confusion written on his face. He didn't plan for me to show up today and the unexpectancy of not having this planned almost painked him. I was taking control, with Taeyongs help of course.

"Vanessa?" He whispered. Mark was said to have wanted me back in the business, but he never knew if I would want to. This time I came back voluntarily, without him asking me, and that seemed to make a world of a difference as he smiled at me. "Im back." I smiled excitedly at our reunion. We were still many feet apart from one another but the distance still felt like miles. I spent four months away from Mark and I missed him everyday. Having him here in front of me felt like a dream. He shook his head and looked at me baffled. My heart eventually gave in and I took a few steps toward him elegantly before rushing to him. I crashed into him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He immediately hugged me back tightly like I was about to disappear again. His head dipped down into the crook of my neck to deepen our embrace and I couldn't help the sigh of relief that came out of my mouth.

"I don't believe it. I don't want to open my eyes and this whole thing be a dream." He mumbled into my skin and I got goosebumps. "I'm really here." I giggled and pulled back from him so I could see his face. "I don't want to leave ever again Mark. This is my home and my life." I stared deep into his eyes and felt his hands rub my back as his arms still held me close into him. "I won't let you go ever again." He said breathlessly and bit the inside of his cheek. He looked upset despite my return and I pursed my lips at the sight of him. His hands cupped my face and his thumb slowly caressed my soft skin. "I missed you so much nessa." His voice was almost a whisper and I smiled at the statement. His lips met mine and I melted under his touch. Every ounce of my body felt on fire and I let myself enjoy every second of it. The kiss was magic. It signified everything that we had been through. The hardships we struggled in; The longing to be with each other. In this whole moment it felt like we were able to put everything behind us. His kiss made me feel like everything was over and we were ready to just be happy. Happiness burned through my skin and expelled like fireworks. 

We were still very young and our life was a series of unfortunate events that made us feel unhappy and worthless. But in that moment I realized there was no such thing as living purley happy. We lived by a different kind of happiness, one that builds up and can explode. We lived by the feeling that happiness would come after terrible events. We knew we just had to endure the terribleness first.  

We pulled apart and I bit my lip in satisfaction. He sighed in bliss, almost like I was the only thing keeping him going. I stroked his hair back and ruffled it. "Taeyong brought you back didn't he?" Marks eyebrow raised at me and I shook my head no. "He only gave me the option to, although he wasn't fond of my return." I lightly laughed and Mark softly smiled at the fact I chose to be here with him. "I don't blame him for not wanting you to come back. We have a lot of work to do now. People will be questioning what happened." He looked down in deep thought and I rolled my eyes at his mannerism. "We need a plan." His nose scrunched up. As I eyed Mark I realized he was still upset about something. Marks eyes held a hidden message I couldn't uncover and I ached to know the reason. "You're upset. Somethings wrong." I furrowed my eyebrows at him and he let out a long breath. 

"It has just been a hard few weeks with Haechans death." He looked to the ground almost embarrassed by the fact he was saddened by this. Mark grew up with Haechan and his father absolutely adored the boy. Although Mark never had a good relationship with Haechan or his father they were still the only real family he had. Of course Mark had to feel some attachment to him despite Haechans actions and mannerisms. Just because I despised that man didn't mean Mark had to. "I have just been thinking a lot." He took a deep breath in and raised his head with a half smile. "But things happen for a reason, right?" He said and I nodded. "You did everything you could to please everyone and succeed." My voice was soft. "Just because your a drug lord doesn't mean your not aloud to be upset about things not working out to plan or bad things happening." I looked at him intently as he ran his hand through his hair. 

"We have a lot to prepare for nessa, we better get on it." His change of topic made me realize he didn't want to talk about it. Mark was never an open person to begin with so I let it slide. "I'm not back for nothing Mark. I'm back in business and I'm ready to expand myself." Seriousness took over my face as I began to walk with him towards the office. "I'm not here to seduce men for you anymore." I stated and he agreed with me. The power in my stride almost felt natural as my old persona took over me. I was back and ready to take on the cartel again. This time for good.