14

OLIVIA

Me, Reagan, and Aiden we're silently sitting in the cafeteria eating our lunches. It was extremely awkward for some reason, usually, it wasn't this awkward but today was different. I decided to start the conversation.

"So.. what are you guys doing after school?" I asked them.

"I have detention," Aiden said nonchalantly.

"me too" Reagan commented.

"Seriously guys again?" I rolled my eyes. This was a daily occurrence. "What did you even do?".

"Skipped first period and said some harsh words to my teacher," Aiden said.

"I didn't do anything wrong," Reagan said crossing her arms.

"You never do anything wrong," I said sarcastically. Reagan gets detention every day and always claims that her teachers are out to get her. Since her parents are never around she can do whatever she wants and no one cares. But when I do anything I get yelled at.

"I know" she clearly didn't hear the sarcasm in my voice.

"So what are you doing today, liv?" Aiden asked me. "Is it ok if I call you that? Liv".

"Ya sure," I said, I only really let my friends call me that but maybe we were friends now. "And I'm not doing anything, I'm grounded".

"What did you do?" Aiden laughed. Me and Reagan made I contact, how do I explain this?

"I was just out to late" I easily lied. Reagan looked at me and nodded giving me reassurance.

"Oh well, that sucks. Your brother sounds like a jackass" Aiden laughed.

"Yup" I nodded my head agreeing with him. "Do you know my brother? I'm just wondering because he told me you were dangerous and stuff, so was the first time you met him when I was with you?".

Aiden looked hesitant before slowly shaking his head. "No, no of course I don't know him," Aiden told me. He sounded unsure of himself.

"You sure?? You don't sound sure" Reagan joined the conversation. I sent her a subtle glare and she just smirked in response.

"I'm sure. Your brother was probably just lying to you because he doesn't want me near his little sister" he told us.

"Probably" I nodded. Reagan gave me an unsure look. I know she thinks Aiden's hiding something. I thought he was too but I think he was just hiding the fact that he was a drug dealer, I hope that's all he was hiding at least.

"I should go I want to catch up with someone before class starts," Reagan told us and before I could respond she was gone. Someone was probably another one of the guys she is hanging out with, I love her but the girl can't stay with the same guy for more than a few weeks.

"I'm going to deliver a few packages tonight, wanna come? I'll give you have the cut like always" Aiden asked.

"I told you I'm grounded," I told him.

"Sneak out" he simply stated.

"I don't want to help you anymore, I can't afford to get caught. I'm out okay?" I looked up to make eye contact with Aiden.