20

OLIVIA

I picked up my phone from the side of my bed and put it to my ear. Who would be calling me at 2 in the morning?

"Hello is this Olivia Blake?" A voice asked from the other end of the line.

"Umm yes. Who is this" I asked cautiously.

"My name is Julia, I'm one of the paramedics helping out your friend. Reagan was hit by a car on the fourth street, she is currently stable. I found you in her emergency contact list" the women explained.

I tried to speak but my voice didn't let me. I felt as if someone just yanked my heart out of my chest and stomped on it. After a moment of silence, I was finally able to speak.

"What hospital?" I asked trying my best to keep it together.

"Riverview" after hearing those words I shut off my phone and stood up.

I ran out of my room toward Jacob's room.

"Jacob!" I yelled walking towards him.

"What?" He groggily asked me.

"Get up! Reagan was hit by a car! I need you to drive me to the hospital, common!" I yelled.

"Ok go get Abby. I'll get my keys" he told me shooting out of bed.

I ran towards my room trying to get Abby up but she wasn't cooperating. Jacob just picked her up and we ran out the door.

What if she dies? She's my best friend. I couldn't imagine my life without her, she was the one person who could always make me smile. She knew me better then I knew myself.

"Hey liv she will be okay," Jacob told me with a reassuring smile.

"You don't know that" I mumbled.

"Olivia she's a fighter," he told me.

That's what everyone always says when someone gets hurt. But she can't control what happened to her and she can't control if she gets better, no one can.

I gave him a weak nod. I really wasn't in the mood to talk and the last thing I needed right now was another one of Jacobs stupid pep talks.

We pulled up in front of the hospital and I got straight out of the car and ran in. I didn't wait for Abby and Jacob to follow me, I needed to make sure Reagan was okay. That's all that mattered right now.

"Where is Reagan's whites room?" I asked the nurse at the front desk.

"Are you family?" She asked giving me a smile.

"Umm ya, I'm her sister," I told her. I know how this works, the only family gets told shit. So right now I'm family.

"Ok, I'll show you to her room" the nurse smiled leading me down the hall. I slowly followed behind her, I was terrified of what I was about to see.

What I saw broke my heart. Reagan was on a hospital bed covered in bruises and cuts. She had a cast on her arm and her leg. She had an Iv attached to her arm and there were machines surrounding her.