27

OLIVIA

"Mom?" I asked hesitantly. This was the last thing I expected.

"Hi darling" she smiled. She looked so much older then the last time I saw her. "Aren't you gonna let me in?"

I just froze. I thought the next time I saw her I would at least have time to prepare. I wanted to yell and slam the door in her face. But I couldn't, I couldn't even move or speak. I was in shock.

"Jennifer? What are you doing here?" Jacob asked. I hadn't even noticed he was here until now.

"I came to see my kids," she said pushing past me and walking into our apartment. I slowly closed the front door and turned my attention back to my mom.

"You said you weren't coming" I spoke finally being able to speak. She recently just told us that she wasn't coming for Christmas. Why was she here now? Especially after ignoring my texts for weeks.

"I changed my mind liv"

"If you're here cause you need money then we can't help you," Jacob told her firmly.

"Maybe I just wanted to see my kids," Mom said spitefully. She sounded genuinely offended.

"Doubtful" I mumbled under my breath.

"I see you're still hanging out with her" Jennifer said referring to Reagan.

"Yes, She is. I know this is hard to believe but some people actually stick around. Crazy right?" Reagan laughed bitterly.

"I never liked her," my Mom told me.

"I never liked you either" Reagan snapped.

"Why are you really here Jennifer?" Jacob asked. My mom looked hesitant before finally answering.

"Marcus kicked me out and I had nowhere else to go"

"Seriously! You can't just show up here out of the blue. That's not fair to us" I told her. My emotions were getting the best of me and I couldn't control what I was saying.

"This is my house! And your my kids!" She yelled bitterly at me.

"Mommy?" Abby asked rubbing her eyes.

"Look what you did" Jacob sighed frustrated.

"Hi, sweetheart" mom said ignoring what Jacob had said.

"Why are you here?" Abby asked running over and jumping in her arms. My mom looked so weak and fragile I'm surprised she could still pick her up.

"I'm here to see you" mom beamed. I hated watching her lie to Abby, but she was still too young to understand.

"Don't lie to her" I said narrowing my eyes at my mother.

"Stop with the dramatics Olivia," She said brushing me off and directing her attention back to my younger sister. "So how is my baby girl?"

"I'm good" Abby giggled.

"You got a boyfriend Olivia?" Mom asked me.

"That's something a daughter would tell her mother but since your barely that you don't have the right to know," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm your mother Olivia, as much as you want to deny it"

"You were never my mother" I laughed bitterly. This was so typical of her, coming in here acting like she owns the place. "I hate you."

"Your all so ungrateful! I do so much for you and the only one who still cares about me is my Abby" she said.

"What have you ever done for me?" I asked. Jacob stood there watching the scene unfold and Abby just played with the rings on Mom's fingers.

"I gave birth to you!"

"Oh please. The only reason you even have us is because you're a cheating slut!" I yelled. "Oh, and you failed to mention that Logan is my dad."

"How do you know that?" She asked as a look of confusion crossed over her face.

"He came here and tried to shoot all of us," I told her bluntly. I wanted her to know all the harm she caused us.

"Dammit"

"Jennifer, you should go now. It's late I wanna get Abby to bed" Jacob said stepping forward.

"I'm staying here with my children"

"No your not" I snapped.

"We're not your children," Jacob told her sharply.

"You two may hate me but you can't stop me from seeing my daughter"

"You're not her mother! You know nothing about her. I've been more of a parent to them then you've ever been" Jacob yelled. He wasn't wrong Jacobs been looking after us our entire lives.

"Don't kid yourself Jacob" mom laughed bitterly. I didn't understand how she could be so cruel, and to her own children.

"I'm the one who helps Abby with her homework every god damn night! I'm the one who stayed up with her all night when she was sick! I'm the one who stayed with Olivia when she cried because her mom left her! I'm the one who got them ready for school every single morning when you would disappear for weeks! I was 4 and trying to take care of a baby because you wanted to go get drunk. I should have been playing with toys not trying to get your kid to sleep!" Jacob yelled. I saw something I never thought I would see, a tear fell from his eye.

In my entire life, I have never seen Jacob cry. He's always held it together for us, for me.

"Get out!" I yelled taking Abby out of her arms. She didn't move so I pushed her out the door.

"I'm gonna put Abby to bed. It's late you two should go to sleep soon to" Jacob said picking Abby up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Ya," he smiled before walking away. I don't get how he always held it together. How he's stayed strong after dealing with all the shit he's dealt with.

"That was intense" Reagan mumbled. I forgot she was even here. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I nodded my head slowly trying my best to hold it together. "I can't believe that just happened."

"I know but tomorrow is still Christmas and we're not gonna let her ruin that" Reagan smiled at me.

"Okay, I'm gonna go to bed I'm tired," I said and walked toward my room. Abby was already asleep when I walked in.

I climbed into my bed pulling my blankets over my body. I had a feeling my mom was going to come back soon.

I just hope that she doesn't come back tomorrow. I just want one day away from the chaos that we call my life. 

Christmas was supposed to be my escape but of course, my mom ruined that too.

A/N: this chapters a bit short. But I still hope you like it. I really appreciate every vote and comment I get, it truly makes my day. ❤️🥺