Chapter 20- Life made me a bitch

First of all, let me thank ya'll for reading this and voting, you're making my quarantine days be not so boring. ♡
-----------

I sat on the very uncomfortable and hard chair of my desk, thinking about my life choices. One week and a half has passed since the wedding and things with Axel couldn't get worse.

After that amazing Sunday, we had to get up really early the next day and get to our new house before school started--yes, that rat, I mean Axel, is still in school-- and I had to get ready for work. We didn't even had time to have a goodbye kiss or even wave a goodbye.

Then after school, Axel had to go to his company and work almost until midnight, time at which I was already snoring and dreaming about America's ass, I mean Captain America. It became a routine, even on the weekend and it was getting on my nerves, I tried to wait for him but I was so tired that sleep always won me.

Some times we would text and even have videocalls, but it wasn't enough! We were married and living on the same roof and we acted as if we had a distance relationship. This situation was consuming my ability to be nice towards people. Also the fact that Axel goes to school and is still hanging around Gloria and many girls that I don't like. My informants, and by informants I mean Chloe and Carmen, are now really good friends with Anderson and the other one that his name I don't remember nor care to remember, so with that they know my Axel's every move. No, that's not being obsessive, I just want to know if he does something that I wouldn't do. Or is it obsessive?

Anyhow, another thrilling thing... work. I am seriously the secretary of my cousin, when he should be the one assisting me. I get to have a stupid desk outside his office, while he gets an amazing office with a small refrigerator inside! I know I don't have enough experience and I should accept the position I am in right now... but the respect... where is the respect? He treats me as if I'm his servant, I do most of the job, he only sits on his very soft and comfortable chair and signs some documents while I'm out there meeting with clients, creating proposals, reading documents, taking care of the employees... and with all of that, in between all my tasks, I have to take my course in Hospitality Management and make time to text Axel.

Now that I think of it, I'm not that bad, I have a good reason to treat Jonathan--my cousin, like trash. Yeah, he treats me like a servant, but I treat him like trash. The employees look at me weirdly when I call him--the President-- a bastard or asshole, and maybe part of it is that most of the empoyees don't know I'm the daughter of the CEO because then they'll start gossiping about me and my position that believe it or not is somewhat high, not anyone gets to be the secretary of the president, and all I did was have the McMillan lastname and poof I get to be the secretary.

My father is the one that doesn't want anyone to know, he'll be the one criticized, but I mean, who cares? One day I'll become the CEO--hopefully-- no matter what, the gossip and criticism won't affect me in any way. Right now I don't even care much about my father, I don't live in his house anymore and my now home wasn't bought with his money either, it was a wedding gift from Lorraine. I'll do whatever he says for now, until he decides to retire because I'll need his help eventually since I get the feeling the men of the family won't let be the leader so easily. Also, I believe my father has some kind of influence on Axel's position as a president.

On one of our few calls, I whined about my work and my father but Axel told me endure it until he gets something settled, not telling me more about it. I guess things changed on his condition and my father still has the right to boss me around even after my marriage, but I wasn't that worried about it anymore, he could boss me at work but not on my personal life, that's an accomplishment.

My thoughts were interrupted by a call from an important client. Today was a busy day as always, but there was an important meeting with all the shareholders about the new project, our hotels were now spreading to South Korea and the shareholders were not really pleased about that I don't know why.

However before that meeting there was a lot more things to be done.
I stood from my desk and went inside the office.

"Mr. Hamilton is now on the cafeteria waiting for you." I told Jonathan, and he just looked at me not moving.
"I have a lot of work to do now, why don't you go and meet him instead." I took a big breath, seriously, I have more work than him, and it's his job to meet with important clients.

"I don't have time for your bullshit right now, the man is an important investor and he wants to speak with the President not me. Look at you, you're not even working! I have eyes! I see you're just playing Switch." This guy is killing me! Why did they give this incompetent the job? Ah, because he went to Harvard, and he's a man. He just growled and stood up whining like the little boy he is, I swear, these people...

I had to go with him because I had to take some notes and I had more information about the client. If my patience levels were 40% before, right now they are 1% almost going to 0%. I already had a reputation for being rude and straight forward and honestly I didn't cared, I'm not here to be friends with anyone, I'm here to work and get to the top.

We got to the cafeteria and there was Mr. Hamilton and... my uncle, the Director of the Finance department, and he's not supposed to be here, he's supposed to be in the departmental meeting. Jonathan takes a sit while I stand there next to him.

Before they start their conversation, I had to address the presence of my uncle. I look at him with a smile, but he knows it's not an amicable smile.
"Excuse me, but what is the meaning of your presence here?" He looks at me as if I'm an inferior being in contrast with him.
"I don't have to give any explanations to you my darling, why don't you get us some coffee instead?" He says mockingly while looking at Jonathan and Mr. Hamilton, and they agree. Oh, Jonathan agreed? Should I just smack them with the tablet I have on my hands or what? That'll be very problematic for me. I just laughed dryly.
"Uncle, let's not forget our places in here please. If you don't want anyone to know your little secret about your affair with that young student--oops!" I covered my mouth "My bad, I apologize... anyways don't forget who you're talking to. And you..." I directed my eyes towards Jonathan "I may be your secretary but I'm not your maid to get you drinks, you're very capable to at least get them yourself, I think." They looked at me with their eyes widen, uncle had embarrassment all over his face while Jonathan looked at uncle with disbelief, what? Did I do something wrong? Oh right, Jonathan just found out about his dear father cheating on his mom. That's sad, but he's not really my uncle, he's just the husband of my aunt, so I don't really care much about him, and he's so stupid, he really had a relationship with one of my classmates, insane right? As if I wouldn't notice his car parked in front of school and her getting inside it every Friday.

"Oh! I apologize Mr. Hamilton, some facts needed to be said, let's just start our thing, and you--" I pointed my fingers at uncle. "Go to your departmental meeting." He stood up and left looking at me with rage, I just lifted my eyebrows, he has to be thankful I just spilled his less controversial secret, there are more secrets I know will ruin him if I told them.

Mr. Hamilton looked puzzled as if trying to find out if I was insane or there's something more to it.
"Young lady, I suggest you treat your superiors with more respect." He spoke, but his tone wasn't malicious.
"Oh don't worry about that Mr. Hamilton, let's just start with the meeting." I smiled genuinely at him, he's not a bad person, also he's an important investor I couldn't insult him too... for now.

The meeting ended and during it Jonathan seemed troubled as if he had something in his chest, might be his father's secret. Maybe now he'll take me seriously, honestly I know all my family's secrets, due to the fact that digging into people's lives became my hobby after finding out my father's affair, I couldn't trust anyone after that so I kinda befriended a detective without no one knowing, so basically they shouldn't have me as an enemy.

"Why are you such a bitch?" Jonathan spoke as we got out the elevator, and I stopped on my tracks to look at him, there were people there and they stopped what ever they were doing to look at us when they heard him, the tea. I chuckled, I mean, he just insulted me in front of all these people. That's funny.
"Life made me like that, get over it Jon, cheating it's like our family's tradition, you'll be alright" I reassure him putting my hands on his shoulders, and he backs up pushing me away, he's angry I guess.
"Snake."
"Cry baby." He passed right by me pushing me on his way, I almost tripped. Why did the president had to be the cousin that I hated the most?

Again, thank you for reading! ♡