Chapter 41- Even if it hurts

He was quick to catch it before the sharp heel hit his eye. Then he threw it back at me but Axel, my hero, caught it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Dylan yelled and the entire cafeteria became silent, watching us.

"You! You're what's wrong with me! You're ruining everything! You ruined my friendship with Chloe, you ruined my relationship with Joseph, you ruined my whole childhood and my freedom! And now you want to fucking ruin what I've worked for ever since your ass left." The words slipped like butter, feelings that I didn't even knew I had in me filled my entire body. It was true, it was all his fault now that I think of it.

Everything was his fault... the pressure of managing the family business fell on my shoulders the day he decided to be an ignorant and selfish ass. My future and the way Joseph treated me changed as well, for the worse. My freedom to choose what I wanted to do with my life was snatched away from me at such a young age.

I don't even remember having a dream of my own. Whenever they asked at school what I wanted to be when I grow up, I never had an answer. It wasn't what I wanted to be, it was what my father wanted me to be.

Now, that I am what he forced me to be, Dylan comes and wants me to give it up and step aside. Now that they brainwashed me and I've come so far to actually think being the chief of the company is my current goal. Now he's telling me to fall off my cloud and block my freedom to choose... again, to finally have a dream, an implanted one, but still a dream. But fuck it, I won't let anyone else interfiere with ability to have an option, a life that I want.

Even if it means to put my own brother in danger. He did it years ago, his addiction blinded him of his main goal, which was to change Joseph's attitude towards mother and I. He put us in danger and didn't cared, and still doesn't give a shit apparently, so I won't either.

"Ah, for God's sake Amelia. It's not my fault that even your own father doesn't give two fucks about you. Think about it, every friend you think you have is just in for the money or other major benefit. Chloe never saw you as a friend and neither you did to her, so stop pretending. And him-- he's only with you because he was forced--" My ears shut the moment he spat what I know was a lie. Axel asked me to be his even before he knew who I was, I'm sure he wanted to be with me... but, he was forced to compromise to me forever. Now that I think of it, I don't think he would have ever married me under other circumstances.

Well then, Dylan wasn't completely wrong, no one approaches me without seeking something in return--and not exactly love and or friendship. But does that really affect me? Do I care? Not anymore. It's too late for me to change who I am and what I am.

"At least I don't have a debt with a bunch of drugdealers that want me dead." His jaw dropped and the small amount of color he had on his face was gone. Then I realized that this was probably not the best time and place to say that. A few gasps were heard as I looked around the cafeteria, and shit, this sure wasn't the time, mother was there standing with an empty tray and a few cups of coffee smeared on her feet. With shock still on her face she practically ran towards us and took our hands dragging us out of there. I should probably be worrying about the consequences of me yelling out Dylan having treats with criminals to a bunch of people, but all I could think about was me limping because of my missing heel and how uncomfortable it was.

"What the hell Amelia?" Mother asked with widen eyes and holding my shoulders. She took us to an empty office near the cafeteria, and Axel followed us.
"What? Don't ask me, ask your son." I pushed her off and took my heel from Axel's hand, I felt better now, everything was were it needed to be, except for Dylan.

"Dylan, please." She turned to him almost begging for an explanation.
"This bitc--ah!" I was already in his hair when the "b" sound came out of his mouth.
"Let go of me you crazy!"
"You let go of me!" At this point he had also grabbed a handful of my hair.
"Stop this! Dylan! Amelia! For God's sake..." I heard mother yell frantically, then we were forced to let go of each other when she began to hit us with an umbrella that appeared out of nowhere.